Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Rainstorm5
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 10:27 pm

Zeno wrote:
Anemone wrote:
I find I get very tired and heavy when a low pressure system is moving in. And heat makes me cranky so I have to make an effort to do less or I'll have more meltdowns. A lot of people are affected by the weather.

It is true that the weather affects everyone, but I wanted to find out how it might affect Aspies in particular given our special situation. Since I believe that autism has an autoimmune component, changes in the weather pattern or certain kinds of weather systems can bring about greater or lesser incidence of meltdowns by affecting the immune system. For instance, during flu season, I would expect more meltdowns by Aspies. And the flu is known to peak and ebb with the change in weather patterns.

Severe Weather stresses me out, which is one of the reasons I'm obsessed with it. When there's a bad thunderstorm around, that's the most likely time I'll have a meltdown. If I'm trapped in a car when it hits, I go into anxiety overdrive. Also, when t's hot and humid (and I HATE humidity, but I live in a humid area because I really have no other choice - too expensive out west), I get depressed and feel like crap all the time. I don't know if it has anything to do with AS or not; it probably falls along the line of personal preference. Were it up to me, I'd live in a cold, cloudy climate.