AS Chemist seeking Vocational Consult from fellow Chemists

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ChemikerKnollus
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 May 2008, 3:55 pm

I am a recent chemistry M.S. grad at 51 y.o. I would like to open a dialogue with fellow Aspie chemists to hear how they are coping in their occupational life. In particular, if it is not considered too much disclosure hear what types of chemistry you are in and what job functions you have. Also it would be interesting to hear what your supervisory and project management responsibilities are; how do your employers relate to your AS?

I realize there may not be particularly any other Aspie chemists, so hearing from other Scientists or Engineers would also help me in my immediate personal vocational/employment strategy planning.

Thank you for your assistance in my immediate job search,

----------------PRK

ChemikerKnollus
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 May 2008, 9:57 pm

Quote:
In particular, if it is not considered too much disclosure hear what types of chemistry you are in

I just learned the AS meaning of 'disclosure' from the AS Employment Workbook. I guess I was using the NT meaning instead. I think it may indeed apply to those of you that may want to reply to my request that you might not want to disclose yourselves.

I am not yet fully functional at the WP Discussion tools available here but if it would be more discrete for you I will keep your identities to myself. In fact if alex could employ some tool to cloak you I would appreciate it for those that wish to respond with a PM and not be known.

-----------PRK