Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

lion_crest
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 May 2008, 1:45 pm

I've been wondering about this ever since seeing Mozart and the Whale when Skeets is playing with the hand-held egg beater. Me personally, I like things like that as well as salad spinners and yo-yos. I also enjoy the bouncing balls that light up when you throw them and I once had this contraption that spelled things when you spun it around. I loved that.
Anyways, just wondering about other people's thoughts on this.

Alaspi
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2008, 3:12 pm

I like playing with things that roll...balls, cans, wheels...I had a game that I don't remeber the name but I would spend hours playing with it. The goal was to get a small metal ball through a maze by tilting the sides of the platform. My mom took it away because I wasn't doing my schoolwork. :cry:

Hugging is natural, organic, naturally sweet, free of pesticides and preservatives. Hugging contains no artificial ingredients. It's 100% wholesome. No calories, no caffeine, no nicotine.

LenaMarie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 May 2008, 3:25 pm

i had a squeaky otter and a bottle cap collection which id organize by color, brand, age, and where it was found XD good times!

ferch8ch8
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 May 2008, 3:49 pm

I like to chew any plastic object like caps of any type:pens, bottles, even dog toys.

doordoctor
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2008, 3:55 pm

Alaspi wrote:
I like playing with things that roll...balls, cans, wheels...I had a game that I don't remeber the name but I would spend hours playing with it. The goal was to get a small metal ball through a maze by tilting the sides of the platform. My mom took it away because I wasn't doing my schoolwork. :cry:

that game your talking about with the metal balls and holes on a tilt table operated by 2 knobs was labyrinth. it was a bit of a challenge being i could not coordinate the ball on the table (it was always falling into the holes)

my favorite toys of childhood, a toy firetruck in elementry school, hess toy trucks, then to car shock absorbers (yea they were an obcession at one time as well) although im female, i seemed to love playing with toys meant for a boy.

dudeofthedead
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 May 2008, 5:52 pm

I obsessivly collected Sonic the Hedgehog comic books when I was younger, and like LenaMarie, I organized the crap out of 'em. :D Usually by issue number, but sometimes I'd go through the whole stack and rearrange them by story arcs or chonologically. I still have the collection in a massive tuperware container, but I finally worked through my obsession for the comic when it started to get really crappy (although I'm permenantly scarred now by an obsession with anthromorphic creatures).

Cigarettes are kind of a 'toy' to me; I constanly twist and roll and flip them back and forth when I smoke. I like the way the cylinder feels between my fingers.

Alaspi
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2008, 6:16 pm

doordoctor wrote:
Alaspi wrote:

that game your talking about with the metal balls and holes on a tilt table operated by 2 knobs was labyrinth. it was a bit of a challenge being i could not coordinate the ball on the table (it was always falling into the holes)

my favorite toys of childhood, a toy firetruck in elementry school, hess toy trucks, then to car shock absorbers (yea they were an obcession at one time as well) although im female, i seemed to love playing with toys meant for a boy.

Yes yes! Labyrinth! thank you. :D :D

Hugging is natural, organic, naturally sweet, free of pesticides and preservatives. Hugging contains no artificial ingredients. It's 100% wholesome. No calories, no caffeine, no nicotine.

drybones
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 May 2008, 6:18 pm

doordoctor wrote:
Alaspi wrote:

yes, i know that game. I had it too, seemed like a good idea but I was lucky if you got past the ball past first hole

aspergian_mutant
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2008, 6:36 pm

as a child, I loved chasing cloud shadows as they crossed the ground,
running with the waves the wind makes rippling through tall grass,
making toys out of dirt clods, stemming on smooth stones,
bouncing and catching a ball off a floor-wall-catch repeat.
I also enjoy playing with my son

Last edited by aspergian_mutant on 29 May 2008, 1:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ryn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 May 2008, 12:08 am

I love throwing things in the air and catching them. I have several balls I use so as to not scrape up the walls of my room any further, but a lot of the times when I'm too lazy to look for them I use my hairbrush.

LenaMarie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 May 2008, 12:21 am

ohmygosh, stress balls! they are so addicting!

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 10:13 am

I like playing with clicky pens.

SotiCoto
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 May 2008, 10:19 am

Lately I've somewhat suppressed it, especially since I stopped wathcing television.... but I have an annoying habit of playing with TV-Remotes if I have them in my hand for any length of time. I'll start spinning them around, flipping them over, juggling them between my hands, throwing them in the air and catching them..... even trying to throw them behind my back and catch them, and then feeling stupid when I miss and it clatters to the floor.

I do similar things with random articles of clothing sometimes. I just feel the sudden need to start spinning them around and throwing them in the air.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 10:49 am

i used to pick up sticks, brooms and other and just twirl them around i found it quite fun, and it improved my moter skills

SotiCoto
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 May 2008, 10:52 am

Bradleigh wrote:
i used to pick up sticks, brooms and other and just twirl them around i found it quite fun, and it improved my moter skills

Oh hell yes!
Amateur Bo-Jutsu FTW! :twisted:

Just be careful what precisely you try it with. I once tried something like that with a 12-ft-long metal scaffolding pole... I didn't injure myself with it, but I warned my brother not to get too close, and that much metal is difficult to bring to a stop in a hurry.

Your
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 May 2008, 11:18 am

my penis