Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Zzzzeta
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 May 2008, 11:37 pm

My friends complain that I am always cracking my joints really loudly, especially my spine. Are you one of those people who likes to stretch and make everything go "crack", or am I alone on this one?

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2008, 11:53 pm

Yeah, yeah, yeah! Well, not really but it relieves tension. I can feel it in my fingers, and there's a place where the ribs go into the sternum that I crack much to the dismay and bewilderment of others who think it's my back. I guess you could count it as a stim. My knees and ankles also crack but I don't do this on purpose. I also wring my hands a lot and put them in strange positions when i am around other people. It's weird and I can't really explain it.

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong

dudeofthedead
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 May 2008, 11:55 pm

I frequently crack every joint I can manage to crack, mostly fingers though. Just talking about it I had to do it just now. :P

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2008, 11:56 pm

I can also do the sternum crack thing! I did it in front of a doctor once, and she freaked out and said I shouldn't be able to do that... I mostly crack my back and neck, though I do crack my knuckles too. I like to grab onto something while sitting, and use it for leverage to crack my spine. My mom cringes whenever I do this, but I find it relaxing.

trotz
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 May 2008, 12:00 am

I do a lot of cracking my shoulder joints. I don't think it's that big a thing and I don't know if it bothers people or not. Nobody ever told me that it did.

I also wiggle my fingers a lot. This is something of which I am conscious, though. I try not to point at someone accidentally and get their attention the wrong way. Having AS, I don't want to deal with any kind of situation that may occur from this.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 12:07 am

Oh, I absolutely love cracking my fingers! I crack them at every given opportunity.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 12:43 am

Ya I like to crack my fingers and neck, I also crack my ankles and toes

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 12:59 am

my joints crack quite often, i dont have any control over it. but i cant stand it when someone cracks there fingers

acannon
Raven
Raven

29 May 2008, 1:22 am

Yep. I do it alot. I started to get into it one day and it just went on from there and became a habit. Now sometimes my toes or fingers will hurt (usually right after I wake up) if I don't crack them.

29 May 2008, 2:13 am

I heard it's not good for your hands so no I don't do it. Lot of kids did it in my class when I was in elementary school. I always thought it was painful but no it's not. I found it out by accident when I accidentally cracked one of mine. I even overheard my brother asking Mom about it and she told him it's not good for our hands. Then I butt in by asking her why and she says they can make your hands swollen.

Last edited by Spokane_Girl on 03 Jun 2008, 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chocoholic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 May 2008, 2:28 am

Oh, I love it! I can crack just about any part of my body and it feels great once I do so. Cracking my hips feels the best though.

amaren
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 May 2008, 2:38 am

I can't think of a joint in my body which doesn't crack - even elbows, hips.. everything. I've broken my hand and cant crack the fingers on that hand cos of the bandage - it's driving me crazy.
I'm often not aware that I'm cracking something, and have made some people very angry by not being able to stop - I did my best, but I still couldn't notice it often enough to stop myself.

kip
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 3:05 am

I crack my fingers a lot, I love it when they pop. So relaxing. I wish I could do the same thing with my neck, but last time I tried cracking my neck they put me in a brace cause I screwed it up :P

I also crack my right ankle, it helps releive the pain. My left one doesn't crack though.

?the end of our exploring, will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time. - T.S. Eliot

Zzzzeta
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 May 2008, 3:05 am

Dox47 wrote:
I like to grab onto something while sitting, and use it for leverage to crack my spine. My mom cringes whenever I do this, but I find it relaxing.

Yeah, that's what I do too. I love it when I get a whole string of loud cracks like fireworks; it's almost as relaxing as a massage.

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

29 May 2008, 4:44 am

Ohhh ya, I do the knuckle cracking thing as well!!

I always heard people who do that eventually get arthritis??? Not sure if I beleive it or not does anybody know?

psmaster
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 May 2008, 7:33 am

I have been doing it since the 3rd grade. I started out with my fingers, then my neck, back, finger tips, elbows, ankles, toes, wrists, shoulders, hips, and knees. I just find it very relaxing.