Emergency message! I was banned from another forum!

Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2005, 6:26 pm

I am sorry, Zed. It makes more sense to have a gmail account if you have a more pressing reason to get one. I'm sure Marc is a nice guy, but what he says goes, and like I said before, I don't know. I can't stretch the why question any farther than I have stretched it before to make a new why question. In other words, I can't ask "Why is this because that happened?" Thank you anyway, Zed.

CDRhom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Nov 2005, 7:56 pm

Some service providers will not allow Yahoo and Hotmail accounts because of the amount of anonamous fraud and spam those accounts have generated in the past.

A more correct way to explain it is that some service providers (and by service provider I mean the place that provides the forum it's server space) do not permit accounts from any completely anonomous e-mail system.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2005, 7:59 pm

That's ok. At least I have other forums to post to that will allow Yahoo addresses, like Wrongplanet.

Mithrandir
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2006, 2:06 am

I was banned from 3 different web sites when I am not even a member yet.

http://www.wikipedia.org/

When I tried to join the site and edit an article, the site gave me my IP adress and said that I am banned for vandalism.
I never edited an article, and I definately did not join.

same thing with 4chan and Rambler (forum sites)

Unless I am suffering from something worse then Aspergers, I think the only possibility is someone is hacking into my computer.
Am I just being paranoid?

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2006, 9:03 am

Wow! I wonder why.

alex
Developer
Developer

15 Jan 2006, 11:24 am

CDRhom wrote:
I write the programs that make the computer display brain images when someone has an MRI, CT scan, or when they inject nuclear isotopes into your brain (PET/SPECT scan) to see how all the pieces are working.

I was in the first Gulf War from 1990 - 1991, and then I was in Mogadishu, Somalia in 1993-1994 (during the time they show in Black Hawk Down). It took some counseling to get back to being myself.

I consider it their loss that they didn't give you a chance. At least you have a good place here. There are a ton of other places as Happeh said.

Cool!! !! !! !! ! I'm a computer science major so I'd be interested in talking to you about that.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2006, 12:31 pm

But, if you get banned from a forum for a reason you never know, that is unfortunate.