AS more noticeable when you wake up from sleep?

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

northern_light_girl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jun 2008, 8:43 am

Does that ever happen (sometimes, not all the time)...to feel "more" AS that usual when you've just waken up in the morning? More vulnerable in a way and not yet "ready" to face the music...not yet having the guard up? Like it takes a few hours and maybe coffee and other energizing drinks to fully WAKE YOU UP and cover that vulnerability?

Could it be that during sleep you relax so much and the guard goes down etc...and some chemicals change etc..so you wake up differently than when you went to sleep?

Are there other activities or times of day that you've noticed that make you feel more AS than usual?

LoveableNerd
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jun 2008, 9:53 am

I don't know about being more AS... but I am usually pretty brain dead when I first wake up. Until I at least get that first cup of coffee in me.

8th Cmdmt: Thou Shalt Not Steal.

neongrl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2008, 10:00 am

I usually feel the most normal (nt) first thing in the morning. As the day goes on it gets worse - I'm usually the most AS by the end of the day when I'm tired.

ferch8ch8
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Jun 2008, 10:40 am

Absolutley, and yes when I'm falling asleep.

Ryn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jun 2008, 1:25 pm

When I wake up from a nap is the worst for me. I've spent entire dinners after I've woken up from a nap rocking in my chair and just making noises. It felt good, and oddly enough my parents are not the slightest bit surprised when I do that.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2008, 1:27 pm

I feel this way, but is it necessarily an AS thing? NTs can be pretty dead in the morning, too.

craola
Toucan
Toucan

03 Jun 2008, 1:38 pm

Im best when I wake up, I open my eyes get out of bed open my curtains put a film on get back in bed and on my computer. I get worse as the day goes on, by the evening im worst.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2008, 1:41 pm

My understanding is that as the overnight sleep period is one of the longest you usually go without eating, that blood sugar drops and insulin levels rise, thus the sluggish, thick-headed feeling upon awakening. And probably the reason why the first meal in the morning is called break-fast. Of course I'm no medical professional, so that may be a complete misunderstanding of the facts, but it made sense to me when I heard it explained that way (or thought I did).

mysterious_misfit
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jun 2008, 2:07 pm

If someone wakes me up when I am really tired and really need to be asleep, I tend to scream angrily and smack them or push them away before I know what I'm doing. :evil:

KatieRose212
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Jun 2008, 2:52 pm

Is there really such a thing as being 'more AS in the morning?'

I don't know.

Personally I feel dead in the morning until my cup of tea, but that's probably only because I have goddamn insomnia and can't sleep until like 3am!

:wink:

RampionRampage
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2008, 3:06 pm

i've seen plenty of NTs who feel more AS in the morning...

veruniel
Toucan
Toucan

03 Jun 2008, 3:59 pm

I have the enviable ability to spring into full wakefulness instantly, but that doesn't mean I'm ready to deal with the world straightaway. I have to prepare myself mentally before I go out of the house, or else I get twitchy around people and find myself wishing that the whole darned city were empty except for me.

jamescampbell
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jun 2008, 4:56 pm

coffeee is a drug. but i'm usuallywide aweake after beeing asleep.

Hodor
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2008, 6:03 pm

I hate mornings. It really does take the whole day to wake up properly, and by then it's time to hit the hay. I wouldn't say I feel more AS in the mornings, since crabbiness, lack of energy, tiredness and lethargy aren't AS traits. :lol:

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2008, 12:36 pm

mysterious_misfit wrote:
If someone wakes me up when I am really tired and really need to be asleep, I tend to scream angrily and smack them or push them away before I know what I'm doing. :evil:

Holy crap, I do that too 8O

I think. When I've done it in my sleep, I've only had it described to me as "attacking".

I know sometimes when someone tries to wake me up, and I actually do wake up, I'll find my arms in a half-swing. It's kind of scary, but nobody's been hurt yet.