Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Belfast
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2008, 2:52 pm

lukesneeringer wrote:
I'm usually unable to make friends offline. I have a couple, to which I am very close. The vast majority of my social connections (if they can accurately be called that) are online.

Like that.
I don't choose to have less social life offline than online (to extent I have one online at all), but as agoraphobic introvert (among other obstacles), am unable/unwilling to attend public functions where "real-life" people meet, mingle, mix & match. I prefer having relationships offline, but that's not much available to me-so I have to pour my personality into typewritten words on the screen (in hopes of having simulation of socializing-which is better than nothing).

windscar15
Toucan
Toucan

19 Jul 2008, 11:00 pm

I have no online friends, only people I converse with.

I don't consider someone who I don't have immediate personal contact with to be a friend.

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2008, 5:42 am

Definitely real life friends.

Given my experience of online friendship, there's no contest.

tcorrielus
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2008, 11:38 am

I've met people thru Facebook, but they're not online most of the time, not even on AIM. So which websites do you find MORE online friends??? And do those websites require money for membership???

PsychonautChaos
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Jul 2008, 1:06 pm

I personally might say that the internet was a real let-down for me. I tried many times to find friends online etc. I even was close to finding a real friend, and then she just stopped answering.

In real life, I generally never even talked to anyone during summer. (I just go to a magic the gathering club weekly, and that's the high point of my social activities).

Personally, I didn't find any difference between real or online friends. I would actually prefer online if they would answer, but they won't. And I stopped trying.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2008, 6:09 am

I've had terrible experiences with online friends. They turned out to be malicious in a way that someone who I saw face to face on a regular basis I don't think could bring themselves to be.

dragonboy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2008, 6:55 pm

lots of both i am actually suprisingly popular especially by the fact i was the most hate person at my old schools...

DustinWX
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Aug 2008, 8:27 pm

dragonboy wrote:
lots of both i am actually suprisingly popular especially by the fact i was the most hate person at my old schools...
LOL, god knows why.

dragonboy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2008, 7:16 am

DustinWX wrote:
dragonboy wrote:
LOL, god knows why.

and what does that mean. and by the way i mean hated not hate, incase there is a double meaning.