Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

KenG
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2008, 11:02 am

From "Good Morning America":
Good Morning America is doing a report on autism activism and neurodiversity. As part of the story, we'd like to include a photo montage of those who are a part of the community. If you or anyone you know is a part of this community and would be willing to be shown in the photo montage that would appear on Good Morning America, please send us your photos. The photos will provide a visual example of the diverse group of people behind autism activism celebrating the voices of autistic people. Please send the photos to Michelle.d.major at abc.com Thank you!

http://www.autscape.org/

zshampo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Jun 2008, 3:38 pm

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 3:40 am

Ooo. This is a great Idea!! !

catspurr
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 4:50 pm

I don't trust these people. I think if anything they will try to examine everyone's faces and find a link and spread false (or perhaps even accurate) of traits to look for so that others can be aware.

It never ends with "Be aware of these traits to understand the other person" but more like "Be aware of these traits to avoid the person."

Shidash
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Jun 2008, 5:06 pm

eek, you may be right.

beau99
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 6:19 pm

catspurr wrote:
I don't trust these people. I think if anything they will try to examine everyone's faces and find a link and spread false (or perhaps even accurate) of traits to look for so that others can be aware.

Waitaminute.

Why do you think this?

They've already covered the other side. Now they want to cover us. That's pretty fair, I think.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/agenderstar

catspurr
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 7:03 pm

They can do it without a collage of faces to examine. I've been studying conversionists for quite some time. It may sound paranoid to those who don't notice certain patterns but my hunches are usually correct about certain issues.

This outcasting game is nothing new and has been around for quite some time. Same tactics, same examinations and there are people who are very fixated to what is on the outside which are called superficial people.

Those people want to look on the outside to quickly find traits that seem out of place physically to attach a label hence why people like Ted Bundy stirred up such a shock because superficial people think "One of us" means what someone looks like on the outside. The comments were "We didn't want to believe someone like us could do such crimes! We were looking for scruffy bums.

It bothers people that there could be someone different on the inside standing right in front of them and it throws them off when the person isn't ugly, has a charming look to them and can even carry a conversation.

It's the same old routine like I've said and the same old fear.

It makes the person looking on the outside feel wrong and part of being superficial is creating an image on the outside to cover up the flaws and fallacies from within.

If you aren't right you cover it up by saying "I stand my ground" when the other person backs down, you are the champion regardless of if you were wrong.

The word "You" in that sentence doesn't really mean you. It means in the mind of the superficial beholder.

I don't feel like boring you with anymore details. Part of my obsession is the human mind. I'm well hated for it too.