Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2005, 8:03 pm

I asked one of the boys what a hummer is and they cant believe I dont I know what it is. All they ever talk about is ferraris. And if I ever hear another girl at school say like to much again I will scream. And boys get out of locker rooms a lot faster than girls.

mikibacsi1124
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2005, 3:28 am

I find it a lot easier for me to relate to females for the most part. Part of it is that, as mentioned before, a lot of guys seem to only want to talk about sports and sex, and a lot of my interests and likes/dislikes seem to be more common in girls than guys. The other part is that on average, girls seem to be more sensitive, caring, understanding, and open-minded than guys. Of course, there are some guys I feel comfortable with, but overall, I feel a lot more comfortable around girls.

pooftis
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Dec 2005, 12:57 am

most of my friends are male actually, I can't stand most women, they strike me as mindless and insecure. I will say though that my male friends tend to be rather feminine so maybe I am on the fence about gender, :)

alayna
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Dec 2005, 9:45 pm

I tend to get along best with 'nerdy' people of either gender, but on average, I tend to get along better with boys than girls, because I can at least talk about computers and video games with some of them, unlike girls who seem to only talk about their social life.
My best friends are both girls, and are a lot like me, so I wouldn't be so surprised if they has AS.

I seem to get along with whoever has similar interests with me.

TheGreyBadger
Toucan
Toucan

02 Jan 2006, 12:11 pm

I noticed a common thread here. Women say they have more male friends; men say they have more female friends. Is it because we're closer to the center (androgynous) than most of the world?

My experiences: in high school I didn't get along with anyone. In college, an occasional nerdy guy, except that back then they didn't accept women as One of Them, but rather as a separate species they didn't want to talk to. I suppose they had the giggly-femmy-emotionally expressive-irrational stereotype in mind.

I don't get along well at all with the sort of male who is all into cars and sports and who pats the Little Woman on the head. I get along great with men in fandom and men in the pagan community - and some of the men in the gay community.

I don't get along with the women who are all into hairdos and makeup and agonizing over an extra millimeter of thigh fat, but got along great with feminists and with gay women back in the days before that became All About Sex.

Interesting pattern?

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2006, 4:35 pm

TheGreyBadger wrote:
I noticed a common thread here. Women say they have more male friends; men say they have more female friends. Is it because we're closer to the center (androgynous) than most of the world

I guess i'm alone on this issue then.

I guess the sexes are more leniant to the opposite for some reason. This doesn't apply to me. Most of the guys I know are a***holes.

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2006, 8:38 pm

When i was in lower elementary girls were not interested in accepting me into their social circles. I am slightly afraid of women in general. It isn't for any reason but i'm afraid they will be cruel to me. Early in school every attempt to gain the acceptance and friendship of girls resulted in cruelty. So most of my friends are guys.