Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Mered
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Nov 2005, 12:46 am

I love math. Multidimenional calculus is fun but I cannot remember numbers worth any thing. I also cannot do simple arithmatic reliably. I am lost without my graphing calculator which displays what I entered to be checked and rechecked against the problem. I lost points on a test recently because I got 99/2 = 44(no calc allowed) and no partial credit for getting everything else right. Statistics is the only math that sucks. Its just so boring, especially when taken at 8 in the morning.

DrizzleMan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2005, 5:31 am

Namiko wrote:
My main problem in math is that I would never do the problems the way the book said and would get marked off on tests because of this, even if I got the correct answer and my reasoning was perfectly logical. Must come from having AS...

If the teacher cannot understand a different but correct way of reasoning, they have no right to teach that subject. In real life what matters is (1) answers that work (2) original thought that might lead to new, better answers. In school what matters is (1) following the rules correctly (2) following the rules correctly. :roll:

jm314
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Nov 2005, 4:34 pm

I like maths, although I am not good at mental arithmatic! My favourite thing is the cosine and sin rule, and I'm probably in a 1/20 group of people who know it in my year as I'm in the top set for maths.