Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

lotusblossom
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 2:37 pm

Hi
Has anyone followed son rise or heard anything about it?

Is it good or bad?

:D :D :D

The_Chosen_One
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 6:21 am

It is expensive.

Karma decides what must happen, and that includes everyone.

lotusblossom
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 11:15 am

The_Chosen_One wrote:
It is expensive.

In what way is it expensive? what do you have to pay for?

KimJ
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 11:26 am

I had a friend who enlisted the help of the Son-Rise program. Essentially it is a "cure" for autism. It's expensive because you hire someone to come to your house and "evaluate" your child (and how you interact with him/her) and then prescribe a therapy regimen, then it seems rather involved with videotaping and and having a particular "play room" for this child. My friend had most of that stuff already because she was wealthy.
I know it involved locking your child in the play room to establish "boundaries" and schedules. It also involved "loving the autism out of your child". Which seems like a self-contradiction to me.

I don't know what would be entailed if you went to the Son Rise HQ, I just heard what happens when you hire one of them to come to your house. They work with your child and then work with you. I know it costs thousands for a weekend.

lotusblossom
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 1:45 pm

KimJ wrote:
I had a friend who enlisted the help of the Son-Rise program. Essentially it is a "cure" for autism. It's expensive because you hire someone to come to your house and "evaluate" your child (and how you interact with him/her) and then prescribe a therapy regimen, then it seems rather involved with videotaping and and having a particular "play room" for this child. My friend had most of that stuff already because she was wealthy.
I know it involved locking your child in the play room to establish "boundaries" and schedules. It also involved "loving the autism out of your child". Which seems like a self-contradiction to me.

I don't know what would be entailed if you went to the Son Rise HQ, I just heard what happens when you hire one of them to come to your house. They work with your child and then work with you. I know it costs thousands for a weekend.

argh- that does sound a bit scarey. I dont want a cure as I love aspergers :D I just want to make less family rows about everything :(

The_Chosen_One
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 10:56 pm

KimJ wrote:

Sounds like a completely BS programme to me and I read somewhere that the little boy whose parents started it off didn't even have an offical diagnosis of autism.

I think it's fine to love your child and provide special toys but cruel to lock them in their room all day.

Karma decides what must happen, and that includes everyone.