Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

baby
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Nov 2005, 4:53 pm

hmm welll let me see, me and my other half had to be made to talk, i was to shy to say i liked him and he didn't realise i liked him at all but mention to a friend of mine that he found me attractive and she didi the rest, you know the my mate like's your mate bit!!

Newtonscat
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Nov 2005, 7:43 pm

May 31st 1980

I'd never had a "relationship" (at nearly 40). A beautiful woman approached me in the street, looked me up and down:

"You're nice .... What's your name? ... Can I come home with you? ... You can screw me if you want"

She, Corinne, was a patient in the psychiatric ward of the local hospital. She didn't have a "mental illness" - she had a form of Multiple sclerosis that had disrupted her "social behaviour" (to the point where nobody could cope with her). She was having a really rough time at the hospital ... so I "kidnapped" her (so her father claimed!). Anyway - we went to Wales and got married. I was with her 24-hours-a-day for ten years. No two people ever got as "close" as we did.

Then she died.

'For love, all love of other sights controls, makes one little room an everywhere'

Now I'm lonely.

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2005, 8:02 pm

larsenjw92286 wrote:
Who is this?

You're not alone. Even though I could make up romantic stories all afternoon, I've never had a significant other. Which is a little bit odd, but it's okay with me. I figure as long as you're happy with your relationships with friends and family (and I'm not trying to spark an ethical debate here), it doesn't really matter if you have a boyfriend, girlfriend or significant other. :)

"If you don't know and love yourself, who can?" -Lucy Camden, Seventh Heaven

DannyB123456
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Nov 2005, 8:53 pm

*nostalgic look on face*

Never 4get this 1.. i knew her from my secondary school i never got 2 speak 2 her cuz

A) was 2 shy
B) she woz always gettin suspended 4 gettin' in fights

then 'lo an' behold she joins mi ICT class @ mi local college

that was almost 11 weeks ago an' were still goin' strong

VICKY I LOVE U WITH ALL MY HEART U R THE BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED 2 ME!! ! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Coctyle
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Nov 2005, 10:16 pm

I met my only gf in high school. We had seen each other around a bit and both thought the other was cool. I thought she hit on me and basically forced the relationship, but she later claimed that I hit on her first. If that is true, it was probably unintentional or misinterpreted, but hey, I can't complain. We had a prett good relationship for a number of years, she eventually went to the same college as me, so our relationship continues, on and off, for about 5 years or so. Unfortunately, I never felt like I really loved her and she could tell that I was never truly commited.

I am always looking to get into some situation where things just happen, but no luck for the last several years. I like to write, and I like to write in public (usually in quite bars that aren't too dark). I would think that eventually some girl would see me writing and think I must be cool or at least interesting, but nothing so far. I actually think I am reasonably good looking, and I usually look up once in awhile to see if anyone is "checking me out". It just seems like everyone I already see is already with someone. Girls usually don't just hang out in bars by themselves.

Maerlyn138
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Nov 2005, 10:35 pm

Coctyle wrote:
I am always looking to get into some situation where things just happen, but no luck for the last several years. I like to write, and I like to write in public (usually in quite bars that aren't too dark). I would think that eventually some girl would see me writing and think I must be cool or at least interesting, but nothing so far. I actually think I am reasonably good looking, and I usually look up once in awhile to see if anyone is "checking me out". It just seems like everyone I already see is already with someone. Girls usually don't just hang out in bars by themselves.

Thats always been the only way I've been able to meet women; by being drunk at a party, or someone from work that already knows me and I know them. But the best bet has been being drunk I am almost sorry to say. My social phobia subsides just enough for me to function reasonably well. but once the next day comes and I have to function at my usual level they usuall yget scared off

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2005, 8:16 pm

GalileoAce wrote:
Both me and renaeden are on an autism emailinglist called AutisticTreehouse.

renaeden saw me there, and talked about Star Trek with me for a while, trying to pique my interest. She thought I was nice, and wanted to get to know me more.
Unfortunatley me being the blind dullard that I am, completley forgot about our conversations on the Treehouse...

I found WrongPlanet, and got posting on that. There was a thread about "Why do Trekkie Aspies get such a rough ride?" or something to that affect that I posted in, being the Trekkie that I am. renaeden, having joined as well, saw my post, and PMd me, inquiring as to my Trekkie status. That's how we got talking on WP, then we exchanged Yahoo ids and talked on Yahoo Messenger. :)

renaeden wanted to meet me, and I her. She decided she'd fly from Perth to Melbourne (I live not far from Melbourne, currently) to meet me. Which completley shocked me, I'd never had someone go to such lengths to meet me. Usually people are doing that to get away from me... j/k

Anyways, we physically met on Elizabeth Street in Melbourne.

:)

GA

You look kind of like my Uncle Doug...

Twitch
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Nov 2005, 7:05 pm

www.livejournal.com....I'm a long time lj'er and so is she. Incedently she's an aspie too but I didn't know that right away. We met by pure chance, running across one another on a community and then we just started IMing. We got to know one another really well that way. At some point into chatting I told her I had AS and she said that was ok because she does too! She's absolutely perfect in every way!

midge
Toucan
Toucan

24 Nov 2005, 9:44 pm

I might mine right here on WP!! ! :D About a year ago, we were both posting pretty regularily on here (I'm kind of an erratic poster now-sometimes I don't post for weeks, and some days like today I go on a posting spree :oops: ) and we liked each other just by reading each other's posts. He made a post that suggested that he'd had some troubles with the mental health system (misdiagnosis, hospitalization, etc.) and I had too, and never thought I'd meet someone else who did. I sent him a PM about it, and he responded, saying he'd been thinking about sending me a PM! We sent each other messages every day after that and kept finding more and more things we had in common, never ran out of things to talk about, and understood each other better than anyone else ever had. We were a little daunted by the fact that we lived about 1000 miles apart (I live in Wisconsin and he lives in western Canada) and both had two years of university left, but I came to visit him in last spring and it turned out to be so wonderful, and we missed each other so much after I went home, that tried to find a way to be together. We figured it would be a lot easier for me to come to Canada than for him to come to the U.S because their immigration policy is much friendlier and their universities cheaper, so I did (and I now have a full-blown Canadian accent, enjoy watching hockey, and get regular cravings for Tim Hortons donuts). We have a wedding planned for this coming February 25th. :D

lowfreq50
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2005, 11:43 am

Me + Significant Other = ERROR ERROR ERROR DOES NOT COMPUTE

A FATAL ERROR HAS OCCURED IN YOUR OPERATING SYSTEM. ANY UNSAVED DATA WILL BE LOST.