Page 1 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Dracula
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jul 2008, 2:06 pm

Chaotica wrote:
Are there any Blackers among the Aspies? :twisted: I can't imagine my life without Burzum, Behemoth, DNS, Emperor, Immortal, Darkthrone and some others that are probably not widely known. I also like dark wave and ambient.

I'm a big darkwave fan. I was recently introduced to "Black Tape for a Blue Girl."

Ever heard of it?

Chaotica
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2008, 2:17 pm

Dracula wrote:
Chaotica wrote:
Are there any Blackers among the Aspies? :twisted: I can't imagine my life without Burzum, Behemoth, DNS, Emperor, Immortal, Darkthrone and some others that are probably not widely known. I also like dark wave and ambient.

I'm a big darkwave fan. I was recently introduced to "Black Tape for a Blue Girl."

Ever heard of it?

No, I haven't :oops: but I'd love to! Starting to Google :wink:

Dracula
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jul 2008, 2:42 pm

Neat. The melodies are pretty haunting. Lemme know your thoughts.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2008, 2:47 pm

If you like Black Tape for a Blue Girl I'd recommend Dark Sanctuary and Elend. They're gothic neo-classical--VERY dark. Elend in particular is recommendable to black metal fans, even though it's not black metal, because it uses classical in an extremely cacophanous way that rivals black metal for sheer intensity. Their 2007 album, "A World in Their Screams," is one seriously freaky ride that I highly recommend.

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2008, 6:18 pm

I'll have to hear those. I have that Black Tape for a Blue Girl album Remnants of a Deeper Purity and I dig the massive drones on that record.

SpectreWithin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Jul 2008, 6:22 am

Veresae wrote:
If you like Black Tape for a Blue Girl I'd recommend Dark Sanctuary and Elend. They're gothic neo-classical--VERY dark. Elend in particular is recommendable to black metal fans, even though it's not black metal, because it uses classical in an extremely cacophanous way that rivals black metal for sheer intensity. Their 2007 album, "A World in Their Screams," is one seriously freaky ride that I highly recommend.

I'll second this - both Elend and Dark Sanctuary are excellent. Elend even features some harsh demonic male vocals akin to black metal screams (in counterpoint to angelic female vocals) in some of their albums. The "Les Ténèbres du Dehors" album is one of my favorites.

Chaotica
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2008, 7:07 am

What about Delirium? I enjoyed all their albums, but "Karma" was something special (especially "Twilight").

And back to Black... Many bands mentioned above are not TRUE Black Metal, but "sympho", "gothic", "folk" and many other...
I mean every band creates its own music based on Black Metal and then just sticks a new label to the style, so it becomes neither Black Metal, nor something new...

I still like Finntroll, Dimmu Borgir, Kataxu, Catamenia, Bal Sagoth and many others, but TRUE Black Metal for me will always be
Darkthrone, DNS, Emperor, Immortal, Behemoth ("Chaotica" is favorite) and, of course, BURZUM. Synthesizer's great, but it has to play a secondary role, without those driving-mad solos; it has to create the atmosphere and the sense of Darkness and Fatality.

P.S. I play synthesizer in a Black Metal band.

P.S. To cliche: "Filosofem" is also my favorite, but I also like "Hlidskjalf" :)

RogueProcess
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jul 2008, 9:09 pm

Chaotica wrote:
P.S. I play synthesizer in a Black Metal band.

Sweet :D I play synths too! I'm part of an extreme metal band from Scotland called Artificial Interest. We're pretty diverse, but take in elements from prog, death, black and symphonic metal, as well as industrial music and electronica :)
What about yourself?

Chaotica
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2008, 3:18 am

RogueProcess wrote:
Sweet :D I play synths too! I'm part of an extreme metal band from Scotland called Artificial Interest. We're pretty diverse, but take in elements from prog, death, black and symphonic metal, as well as industrial music and electronica :)
What about yourself?

Well, my first style was something close to Cradle Of Filth, then we tried to play something like Norther or Children Of Bodom, but I didn't stay in the band for long because of my own views :) and I didn't have a good keyboard that time. Then we played something like folk/sympho/Black metal, but now we're in process of creating a new band for playing atmospheric Black with the elements of dark ambient.
It would be nice to hear your music :)

RogueProcess
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Jul 2008, 6:02 am

Chaotica wrote:
RogueProcess wrote:

Sure, we're on Myspace. The stuff that's up there are some pretty old demos, but they still sound quite good :)

Chaotica
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2008, 4:51 pm

RogueProcess wrote:
Sure, we're on Myspace. The stuff that's up there are some pretty old demos, but they still sound quite good :)

Excellent! I really liked it a lot :thumleft:
Is this possible to be downloaded? I found no links working :(

RogueProcess
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Jul 2008, 6:15 pm

Chaotica wrote:
RogueProcess wrote:

Excellent! I really liked it a lot :thumleft:
Is this possible to be downloaded? I found no links working :(

Yeah, absolutely, just send a PM to Phil, he's pretty much the mastermind behind the project - I'm sure he'd be more than happy to send some more recent works-in-progress your way.

Birdgirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jul 2008, 9:01 am

I like Therion.. That's about the only metal I listen to now.

mouapp
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Jul 2008, 10:23 pm

RogueProcess wrote:
Chaotica wrote:

wow, awesome, btw check out Synthetic Breed, and if you know any drummers play it for them, its fun to watch :P

greyh
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Jul 2008, 6:28 pm

I don't listen to much black metal. However I DO love The Somberlain (song and album) by Dissection, it's all the black metal I really listen to. That song has the most amazing adrenaline rush and induces pure headbanging frenzy >: D

BlackMetalIstKrieg
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Jul 2008, 9:28 am

I grew up on old school black metal and now am more into local bands, as my city has a growing scene. Check out Krallice, Gnosis, Sacristy and and Utopia Banished (whom I consider black metal, some say they're death though).

and battle forth towards a brighter dawn