Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

MiniMozartAspie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jul 2008, 4:47 pm

Ethernet cable from the router to the 360. Worked for me and it'll work for you. Plus Ethernet cables are about $20, where the router you bought was most likely $100.

Next....

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2008, 4:59 pm

MiniMozartAspie wrote:
Ethernet cable from the router to the 360. Worked for me and it'll work for you. Plus Ethernet cables are about $20, where the router you bought was most likely $100.

Next....

buying a ethernet cable doesnt make it much different to getting a network adapter,as are still going to need a router for both if want to keep pc/laptop/mac hooked up as well as xbox.
problem with ethernet as well is in some homes,it's not possible to use cables,sometimes because of where the router is,other times it can be seen as too much work when a wireless adapter can do it with no cables-am was going to use ethernet to but the home has a rule against it-they see it as a health and safety risk here.

Plague,
am cant really think of anything else,unless its a problem at the router end [eg,hardware-or maybe it updated its firmware and caused some problems there?] ,but if everything else works through it, then....would be good if could get another one just for testing.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

MiniMozartAspie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jul 2008, 5:02 pm

Here's the thing though. Ethernet cables are cheaper, and you MUST have a clear path from the W.A. to the PC/Mac/Laptop,whereas ethernet cables can practically go ANYWHERE!

corroonb
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 8:15 am

Ethernet cables are cheaper than $20 btw but are not invisible are rather unsightly criss-crossing half of your house.

Wireless tech is very unreliable I have found. You would be probably wise to check what routers are officially compatible with the Xbox Wireless adaptor and whether your router has any firmware updates. If not, buying a compatible router is probably the best idea for wireless xbox Live. Routers are usually inexpensive, compared to the Xbox Wireless adaptor anyway.

If you have a laptop, you can plug the Xbox into it and use it's wireless function to access Xbox Live. Its complicated to set up but I could help if you need it.

plague
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jul 2008, 3:12 am

yeah the day after i posted this i tried it again an it didnt work still so i go angry an gave it a little tap against my cabinet an it started working after that

Stewie: Let me guess, you picked out yet another colorful box with a crank that I'm expected to turn and turn until OOP! big shock, a jack pops out and you laugh and the kids laugh and the dog laughs and I die a little inside.