Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2005, 3:53 pm

Isn't there always someone at school who everyone loves, and you just really Hate them?? Theres a girl at school who lives across the street from me. we live on one of the richest streets in town, but we rent and were not rich. she has blond hair and the perfect smile. she buys from abercrombie and fitch. for about two years she's beeen working out like crazy and is now not fat. everytime I walk my dog and I see her I feel embarrassed! everyone thinks she's so great! and today i opened the local newspaper and there's an add for "The club" (which is like the local country club) and she's on it in a bathing suite grinning her ass off. it says she's training for a triathalon. whats so Great about HER? why does everyone like her so much??? she's way to perfect!

alex
Developer
Developer

05 Nov 2005, 5:01 pm

Wait... are you saying that she's fat but she's still wearing a bathing suit in an add for "the Club" ? Also, why hasn't she lost wait if she always works out?

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2005, 6:20 pm

Lol. she's now NOT fat. in fact everyone thinks thats so great! all I ever hear is Oh! Blank got a new prada bag, I love it! and I went shopping with blank and she bought me a new set of clothes! Blank is so beautiful, and wonderful!

Fiddler
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Nov 2005, 7:05 pm

The best people I know are on this site, not accross the street. ;)

AbominableSnoCone
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2005, 9:25 pm

There have been a lot of people like that in my life and I have angry reactions very similar to yours.
I think my anger toward them has had a very negative effect on my life and would encourage you not to develop this anger too much.
But sometimes you really can't help being angry at these people because you can never seem to get a break from hearing about how wonderful they are and can never seem to match up to them :(

alex
Developer
Developer

06 Nov 2005, 2:24 pm

ShadesOfMe wrote:
Lol. she's now NOT fat. in fact everyone thinks thats so great! all I ever hear is Oh! Blank got a new prada bag, I love it! and I went shopping with blank and she bought me a new set of clothes! Blank is so beautiful, and wonderful!

You should become fat and then exercise and become fat no longer and then wear swimsuits whenever you see a camera and also buy a prada bag. I think thats the key to success in life.

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2005, 4:49 pm

There are always people like that. I suggest you learn to deal with it. You don't have to treat them like they rule the universe (like other people treat them) and no one is making you be her friend or associate with her.

But it seems often that the "perfect child" image is merely a facade that hides something else. A lot of the time, people like that are insecure (not always).

Like SnoCone said, I think you should forget about her. Don't compare yourself to her. If you compare yourself to other people, it will make you seem less great than you really are, and then it's possible to have problems with self-esteem. Shades, you're an excellent person, and there are people who appreciate you for who you are. I suspect you've managed to run into the "popularity" group in your neighbourhood. :|

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2005, 5:43 pm

Yeah. Shes in just about EVERY club thing and always gets voted in student council. And she probably got the perfect attendence award. How do people go every day and not get sick?

Last edited by ilikedragons on 06 Nov 2005, 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2005, 5:48 pm

Don't try to be like her, people like that aren't uaually as nice as they seem. Beauty is skin deep, to his her own, blah blah blah.

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2005, 8:02 pm

ilikedragons wrote:
And she probably got the perfect attendence award. How do people go every day and not get sick?

Hmm... I managed to do that a few years ago at school. However, I did have to leave school early on several occasions. Perfect attendence isn't as hard as some people make it seem as. :roll:

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2005, 8:08 pm

Oi! and yes, she's been vice president in student council EVERY year. only outvoted by everyone's favorite boy! woo!

RuBoo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Nov 2005, 8:44 pm

Quote:
The best people I know are on this site, not accross the street.

Yea, I sort of agree.

Eevee
Vaporeon
Jolteon
Flareon
Espion
Umbreon

Soma
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Nov 2005, 9:59 pm

Well, WE love you more than her. :D

Henry David Thoureau, 1854

Quintucket
Toucan
Toucan

20 Nov 2005, 12:18 am

ilikedragons wrote:
How do people go every day and not get sick?

I have a friend with AS.
Because of AS they really need to have everything consistent and organized.
No matter how sick they are, they're almost never out since that would mean having to make work up.
I recall the one time they were actually out, I was concerned enough to send a get well card.

"The difference between genius and idiocy is that genius has limits." -Albert Einstein

synx13
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Nov 2005, 7:53 pm

ShadesOfMe wrote:
There's a certain tone of voice I figured out. It hearkens back to the lip baring growls of our primal ancestors. Not even a sneer, but just a hint of one and say, "Oh. Really?" Big pause between the two words for uncomfortableness. You can bet your friends aren't going to be talking to you about blank's greatest achievements with enough of that! Oh and if they respond with, "What is your problem with blank?" just shrug and suggest, "Oh she's okay." :twisted:

SolaCatella
Veteran
Veteran

Location: [insert creative, funny declaration of location here]

26 Dec 2005, 4:02 pm

*mournfully* My younger sister is like that. You learn to find a niche where people have figured out that yeah, she's nice and good and Mary Sue made flesh, but I am the repository of all knowledge on earth and FAR better for homework help.

And Quintucket, I'm like that, too. It helps that I almost never actually get sick; my mother thinks I may have inherited her lupus, which only flares up after she's given birth (to me and my sibs). I get sick perhaps once every six years, and that's if you count a runny nose as 'sick.'