Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Norah_W
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jul 2008, 1:07 pm

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news ... 816f722954

It seems that the woman from FAAAS was too simplistic. One one hand, making it sound like grumpy people probably have AS. On the other hand, making it sound as if all Aspies are grumpy people waiting to go off if the slightest little thing goes wrong. This may just be my take on it though. At least they're talking about adults with autism.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2008, 5:06 pm

At least their talking about....then I wish they would shut up, because all they are doing is perpetuating stereo-types and filling peoples heads with misinformation. I have never stalked or harassed anyone at work but have had several NT's harass me. "Inappropriate comments" are a matter of perception....I think my comments are often appropriate and "they" are illogical and hyper-sensitive because of a need to have social lies. On the flip--side, I see NT's who make illogical statements, cruel gossip, indifference to work ethics.... that are greatly inappropriate in my eyes.

FAAAS= a fascist organization of whiners who have the empathy of an SS guard. Most of them "other" diagnose their spouse as AS, simply because their spouses are jerks and to them "jerk=aspie" . The ones whose spouse are actually aspie would be "less jerks" if they were given the support and understanding they need to keep "faking NT" in their attempts to stay employed and keep a roof over their heads. The spouse is seldom aware of how stressful and difficult this is for their husbands.

I thought that article was crap :cry:

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2008, 7:13 pm

They're not fascists, but they're certainly jerks.

Seriously, when most people have that much trouble with their spouse, they either try to resolve it, or they leave, or they just deal with it. They don't form support groups to whine about their spouse in and tarnish the reputation of everyone like their spouse.

cyberscan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2008, 7:25 pm

I heard that people like me don't like to be touched. Hmm, I'm glad someone told me that, because I thought I like being touched - at least by members of the opposite gender. <sarcasm> I have to thank those people for setting me straight </sarcasm>

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2008, 12:38 am

A perfect example of how personality affects how the disorder manifests; I step over cracks on the pavement obsessively, but if someone gets in my way, I just stand there looking at the ground until they move, or I just step around them if I can.

Whereas, the person in the paper assaulted and battered someone for said person was in his way.

br0wser
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Jul 2008, 12:40 pm

Article wrote:
"Many adults with autism recognize something is wrong," Elliott says. "They know they're not 'getting it.' They're not getting cues from people, they know they're being marginalized, they're aware they're different."

This part I can agree with... The stalking/harrassment and other sociopathic behaviors I can't, unless you define those words in the context, which the article doesn't. I knew for a long time that I wasn't 'getting it', and it caused me a lot of problems, but since I started understanding that I'm not necessarily supposed to 'get it', everything is better.

Not the best, mind you, just better.

westernwild
Toucan
Toucan

21 Jul 2008, 11:23 pm

krex wrote:
At least their talking about....then I wish they would shut up, because all they are doing is perpetuating stereo-types and filling peoples heads with misinformation. I have never stalked or harassed anyone at work but have had several NT's harass me. "Inappropriate comments" are a matter of perception....I think my comments are often appropriate and "they" are illogical and hyper-sensitive because of a need to have social lies. On the flip--side, I see NT's who make illogical statements, cruel gossip, indifference to work ethics.... that are greatly inappropriate in my eyes.

FAAAS= a fascist organization of whiners who have the empathy of an SS guard. Most of them "other" diagnose their spouse as AS, simply because their spouses are jerks and to them "jerk=aspie" . The ones whose spouse are actually aspie would be "less jerks" if they were given the support and understanding they need to keep "faking NT" in their attempts to stay employed and keep a roof over their heads. The spouse is seldom aware of how stressful and difficult this is for their husbands.

I thought that article was crap :cry:

Amen! FAAAS is nothing but a hate group, pure and simple. I couldn't believe the hateful and misinformed BS on their site when I first had the misfortune of looking at it. Their perpetuation of hateful stereotypes does great harm to people like my teenage aspie son. They even try to "help" those poor sainted women use AS against their spouses in court with child custody and visitation, even if he hasn't ever done anything wrong. My husband's ex-wife kept trying to fill me up with their BS because she's convinced hubby is AS when I don't think he really is full-fledged AS at all. My son is, but he isn't. And they can go to hell with their hateful Cassandra Affective Disorder BS. They have no idea how exhausting it is every singe day for those with such conditions, none whatsoever. But of course, they're the saints and aspies are the devil. How silly of me not to know that!! !

That's why I can't wait to get my nonprofit off the ground and running and start really working against them. Once I've recovered from the surgery I have to have this Friday, I will really be putting the pedal to the metal with it. f**k FAAAS and their hateful ilk.

Life is not about waiting out storms, but learning to dance in the rain-Anonymous

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 1:04 am

It shows how far out of the loop I am; I had to look up FAAAS.

They're the inspiration for the previously unknown mental disorder I discovered amongst humans, "Human Affective Disorder".

This is just sad:

Quote:
"Is anyone listening?... We, the families with our blistered hearts and souls and damaged psyche, are the end-product of undiagnosed and untreated Asperger's Syndrome.”

westernwild
Toucan
Toucan

22 Jul 2008, 8:32 am

Danielismyname wrote:
It shows how far out of the loop I am; I had to look up FAAAS.

They're the inspiration for the previously unknown mental disorder I discovered amongst humans, "Human Affective Disorder".

This is just sad:

Quote:
"Is anyone listening?... We, the families with our blistered hearts and souls and damaged psyche, are the end-product of undiagnosed and untreated Asperger's Syndrome.”

I know, they're sickening. My family and I do NOT have "blistered hearts and souls and damaged psyche" as a result of my son. We are blessed to have and love him. He is the one with a blistered heart and soul thanks to the hateful misinformed BS he endures every day from teachers and society in general because of his noncompliance with the ever-increasing demands for what I call "neuroconformity." And I'm developing that concept further in the materials I'm drafting for my nonprofit. FAAAS can go straight to hell and take their hateful stereotypical psyche-damaging BS with them.

Life is not about waiting out storms, but learning to dance in the rain-Anonymous