Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Fossy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Jul 2008, 9:15 pm

Ummm I don't agree with or like what Micheal Savage said but if someone chooses to beat their kids it is wrong.... I don't understand why you said that someone could use what he said as an excuse to do that. That doesn't really make any sense to me. I don't think what Micheal Savage said is going to have an effect on someone like that regardless. I don't think that Micheal Savage has that much power to make someone start beating on their kids. Sorry. If anyone beats on their kids that is their own fault.

Fossy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Jul 2008, 9:29 pm

ImMelody wrote:
Quote:
One important goal of increasing awareness about autism is to foster a greater level of acceptance and understanding of the very real and significant challenges it poses to individuals with the disorder and their families. The good news is that we see more and more expressions of this compassion every day and everywhere, from classrooms and playgrounds to ballparks and supermarkets. Unfortunately, there are those who are apparently incapable of feeling compassion. They deserve our pity, not our scorn.

I cannot believe Autism Speaks decided to take the "high road." As much as I don't feel they speak for autism, I would have expected them to take a stronger stance against this man. Being that they are the largest voice of autism (whether we like it or not), it is their responsibility to call for the swiftest action against him. Instead, they decide to be politically correct? All this shows is that he's allowed to say whatever he wants, and the "autism community" will not hold him accountable. :evil:

What good do you think holding him accountable will do and what exactly do you mean by holding him accountable?

ImMelody
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2008, 7:42 am

Fossy wrote:
Ummm I don't agree with or like what Micheal Savage said but if someone chooses to beat their kids it is wrong.... I don't understand why you said that someone could use what he said as an excuse to do that. That doesn't really make any sense to me. I don't think what Micheal Savage said is going to have an effect on someone like that regardless. I don't think that Micheal Savage has that much power to make someone start beating on their kids. Sorry. If anyone beats on their kids that is their own fault.

Tell me where I said people would beat their kids because of what he said. Go ahead, tell me. What I was saying is if he prevents just one more person from getting their kids the help they need, then it's a shame.. A crying shame. Maybe you don't agree with me, fine. But don't assume that he doesn't impact at least SOME people. There have to be people he impacts or else he wouldn't be on air this long.. he wouldn't be nationally syndicated.. so on, so forth..

As for being hold accountable, I think he should in the least make a formal apology. I think ALL people should be held accountable for their actions, no matter if they're on air, or some Joe on the end of the corner. If you don't have that moral compass, then fine.. but it is how I feel.

Fossy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jul 2008, 11:08 am

ImMelody wrote:
Fossy wrote:

Tell me where I said people would beat their kids because of what he said. Go ahead, tell me. What I was saying is if he prevents just one more person from getting their kids the help they need, then it's a shame.. A crying shame. Maybe you don't agree with me, fine. But don't assume that he doesn't impact at least SOME people. There have to be people he impacts or else he wouldn't be on air this long.. he wouldn't be nationally syndicated.. so on, so forth..

As for being hold accountable, I think he should in the least make a formal apology. I think ALL people should be held accountable for their actions, no matter if they're on air, or some Joe on the end of the corner. If you don't have that moral compass, then fine.. but it is how I feel.

First of all, I am not your enemy so you need to calm down. I agree that what he said was ridiculous and horrible.

What exactly did you mean when you said that people would hear this and then use what he said as justification for beating their kids? Didn't you say something like that.

Just because I don't agree that he should be forced to make a public opinion or fired does not mean I don't think what he did was bad and does not mean that I don't have a moral compass. Please get a grip on reality and stop assuming that I'm defending what he said because I'm not. Maybe you should read my posts on this subject and try to open up your mind about this.

Why would you want him to be forced to make a public apology? So you can sit there and laugh at him because he's being humiliated? He doesn't believe he should make an apology so basically if he did make one he would be being forced to do it. And what is the point of that? I think you are trying to feed your own anger, sorry.

If I misunderstood what you said, all you have to do is explain what you said. Instead you get angry and nasty and imply that I don't have a moral compass. Whatever. I have a moral compass, I'm just thinking of this more deeply than you. You are just reacting emotionally which I kind of understand, but do not take it out on me because I did nothing to you.

EDIT: Also I know people that are autistic and I am mildly autistic so don't sit there and try to tell me I don't know autistic people so I don't understand. :roll:

ImMelody
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2008, 11:29 am

I didn't accuse you of attacking me.. Nor did I have any intent of such in my reply. But that's what we get with written communication. You can't see how calm and collected I'm bringing my views. Now, if you were to also read what I did say, I said it would give parents the right to continue to berate their children.

He stated: "They don't have a father around to tell them, 'Don't act like a moron. You'll get nowhere in life. Stop acting like a putz. Straighten up. Act like a man. Don't sit there crying and screaming, idiot.'" We all realize there are people that share this feeling. But if one person is sitting there listening to him say this and agrees, then has a child with undiagnosed autism, do you think he's suddenly going to wise up and get the child treated? No.. He's most likely going to say "Don't act like a moron." "Stop acting like a putz/ass." Do you think this will help any child, let alone one with autism? No. Of course not.

I also didn't say that you didn't have a moral compass.. Just that you didn't have the same moral compass as me. If you don't think he needs to apologize, that's fine. But when you're arguing that someone doesn't need to apologize for their actions, you cannot expect others to not respond back if they disagree.

For me as a parent, it's very hurtful for me to hear someone say I just need to stop letting my child be a brat. My children aren't brats. And I have done everything I possibly can at this point to make sure they don't scream and fit in public. I've gone above and beyond regular parenting to do so. And I haven't resorted to verbally abusing my kids to do so. And I'm sure that's how a lot of parents feel. And what a lot of parents are outraged.

As a person who may have Asperger's, I find it hurtful to say that I'm just a pansy. I find it odd that he's talking about over-medication. I'd like him to come see me when I'm off medication and tell me I'm over medicated. I'd like him to look at my kids and realize that they are not on medication. Nor are any of my kids friends. Or their classmates. Maybe it's just the circles I'm in. But all the people I know with kids on the spectrum refuse medication until everything else has been tried (and as such still haven't even considered everything else as exhausted). So how can he say that it's all a ploy to make money off a magic pill? (Heck, a magic pill that doesn't even exist.)

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2008, 5:32 pm

Unpopular prick topic

I have been reading up on the Wiener man and I found he had a difficult childhood due to his father's gruff personality. Perhaps Father knew best when he called Mikey a putz and telling him to stop being a brat, a moron. Well, that piece of crap did not fall far from the anus so it is little wonder that the little Wiener is such a bully. :lol:

Autism Speaks!! Speak up for yourself and tell the Savage beast where to shove himself. :evil:

Mike, if you are reading this, shove it back up your ass. :P

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

MathThinkerSpain
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Jul 2008, 12:57 pm

ImMelody wrote:
Quote:
@Asperger Speaks. greater level of acceptance and understanding of the very real and significant challenges it poses to individuals with the disorder and their families. The good news is that we see more and more expressions of this compassion every day and everywhere, from classrooms and playgrounds to ballparks and supermarkets. Unfortunately, there are those who are apparently incapable of feeling compassion. They deserve our pity, not our scorn.

cough, cough, let me breethe:
READING IT I GOT SOME ICTUS-ECHOLALIA :evil: :

@individuals with the disorder You got a serious,real UN SOCIAL disorder against all Autisms.

@compassion every day and everywhere, WE have compassion for Autism Speaks every day every where (Where did you come from, "AutistDevilSpeaks"?, If we came out from Mars, as you mean, then you came from hell)

@apparently incapable of feeling compassionThey deserve our pity, not our scorn. "AutistDevilSpeaks", we are incapable of feeling compassion on you. You do not deserve our pity, not our scorn. You go too far, you need to correct.

I think, there should be some AS-lawyers, round here for making a trial for following, are there any AS-lawyers round here:

They are representing the parents of the families who are not pride of AS/Autism, and they should change their name into:
AutismParentsSpeak or better AutismCompassionParentsShutUp. :roll:

By the way, we do not need any parents to have compassion of us, we need our parents to help us to be real adapted persons in real world, to leave as alone grow, not to flattern and push so much. :roll:
Please, AutismParentsSpeaks, your name is illegal as you are not representing us at all, and you are causing lots of missunderstanding, and you get lots of OUR AS money for YOUR NTs pride. The more s**t we become, the greatest persons you are, the most unrespectable we become, the most respectable you become. We discovered your game. Stop bullying us, please, search your easy money somewhere else!! !

**==>>As children in schooll, we got bullying whole time, now as Adults let us alone. We do not need you bad boys, we get the bullyed of you "autisms SpeaksBad". You are the bad boys made Adult!! ! really, realize..

Please, I want some real Autism Speaks, not you, who invest the money in good marketing. Will YOU return back all bad marketing you are doing!! !! !! !! !!
You should return the real Autism community OUR MONEY back, you stole with OUR NAME.
Autism RULED by Autists themselves, not for lamming money seekers.
:arrow:

That_Other_Guy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Jul 2008, 8:26 am

You do realize there is such a thing as Low functioning Autism, right? AFAIK, I think that's who the Speaks crowd is going on about.

MathThinkerSpain

30 Jul 2008, 12:03 pm

Please, do not play same game as NTs do.
It is: 1st class Autism and 2nd class Autism.
All Autis/AS could be different bud deserve same help, as persons. For me all Autism/AS are same human being.