Toucan
Toucan

05 Sep 2008, 3:23 pm

I stim mostly in private.

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2008, 3:37 pm

The only stims I have now are walking (which I can do anywhere), bite my nails :( (nope that I have been doing since I was 6) and shake my leg while sitting. Well sometimes I'll listen to the same song or watch the same video like 3 times in a row (perhaps a touch of OCD there, who knows) but I used to stim a lot as a kid! Fortunately those have disappeared over time and what I do now is not a big deal (other than the nail biting.. which is an awful habit that even some "NT"'s do). As far as sensory goes, I used to have sensory issues as a kid but rarely now.. other than getting nervous about hearing security alarms/buzzers and hating the tag inside the back of the shirt... no issues.

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2008, 4:35 pm

I have a high pain tolerance... When I was young my dad closed the car door and I had my fingers trapped in there and I couldn't get them out. I've had a huge door close on my thumb a couple years ago, got the scar from it still. I notice my thumb just went numb - this fascinated me, it's gone numb :lol: Then I looked closer and realised maybe it was best to see some medical help.
Then there was the time I was in the cinema and rushed down the stairs and heard a crack from my left foot. I instantly knew this wasn't good. I was going to to toilets anyway, but I wasn't able to go, tried to return, but I though it best to go to the desk and ask for some help. I remember the look on the face when I asked "Do you have someone hear that can administer first aid?" Poor woman didn't have a clue what was going on with the look of "Why would you want to know that?"

I watched the film in the end. Took me almost an hour to get home :( I walked