Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Would you date someone that weighted less than you? (Girls Respond)
Yes - I don't care if he weights more than me (just not obese). 12%  12%  [ 7 ]
Yes - Size doesn't matter to me at all. 13%  13%  [ 8 ]
No - I feel bad if he weights less than me. 13%  13%  [ 8 ]
N/A - I'm a guy, just show me the results man! 62%  62%  [ 37 ]
Total votes : 60

Rynok
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jul 2008, 11:54 pm

So, do you have any?
Does he need to weight more than you? Less than you? Do you even care?

Had an interesting discussion with a friend, and she was saying how she wouldn't even consider dating a guy that was skinnier than her. Would make her feel self conscious and whatnot. I thought it was rather weird. Basically making it so girls want to be skinny, but don't want their guys that way.

sands
Toucan
Toucan

27 Jul 2008, 2:08 am

As long as I have feelings for the person it doesn't matter what size they are.

What's normal anyway?

kip
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2008, 2:19 am

Actually, my finacee comes in at a stunning 120 lbs soaking wet with boots on, and is 6'. And MAN can he eat!

I, however, come in a bit between my DL *which is a LIE* at 150 and reality land of 180 - 200. I just carry it REALLY well. I actually look 150 to 160. I love it.

?the end of our exploring, will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time. - T.S. Eliot

nekowafer
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Jul 2008, 2:52 am

I've never really dated someone bigger than me.. I would love to feel skinny but that's impossible :P So, yes, I'll date someone thinner than me. But weight isn't really a big deal for me, as long as I can't break him and he can't break me!

sorgenfri
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jul 2008, 4:08 am

I am slim myself (173 cm/58kilos), and don`t think I would date someone overweight, but I am not sure. I think someone slimmer would have more in common with me. I enjoy doing sports and being active, so if he were in a good physical condition I would consider him, even if he were overweight.
I like men to be slim but not too skinny, how do you measure overweight/skinny anyway? By body mass index (bmi)? It differs, what people find skinny/overweight.

nekowafer
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Jul 2008, 4:42 am

BMI is totally unreliable.. muscle weighs more than fat! I think for most people it's a matter of looks. For doctors and such it's a different thing.

Rynok
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jul 2008, 5:03 am

Yeah, for me it is a matter of looks.
If I see belly rolls, it is a bit gross and a turn-off.
Apparently being skinny though isn't always desirable either. Some girls like a little meat on their bf's bones :P

sorgenfri
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jul 2008, 5:36 am

Rynok wrote:
Yeah, for me it is a matter of looks.
If I see belly rolls, it is a bit gross and a turn-off.
Apparently being skinny though isn't always desirable either. Some girls like a little meat on their bf's bones :P

Agree with you, and overtrained guys with big "balloon"-muscles is not nice at all. :)

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2008, 7:53 am

I said yes just not obese, obesity isn't very good for one's health and I really don't want to have to constantly worry that the person will develop heart issues, diabetes, etc. due to lack of concern for their own health. I don't need that stress, now if the person is seriously trying to lose weight and all, I'd be encouraging and all.

sorgenfri
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jul 2008, 8:14 am

Finding a guy who weighs less than me would be hard. So I say no (he would be either seriously ill or a teenager so thats out of the question anyway). I don`t know the average weight/height on men, but I guess its not under 58 kilo. You have to see the man before you can make a decision. Its more important that he is taller than me though.... :)

Butterflair
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jul 2008, 8:16 am

It doesn't matter really, if he's nice and makes me laugh and I enjoy being around him. Skinny is fine.

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2008, 12:03 pm

Size is size. My mother can't help it, so I learned to accept it for other people.

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2008, 2:16 pm

nekowafer wrote:
I've never really dated someone bigger than me.. I would love to feel skinny but that's impossible :P So, yes, I'll date someone thinner than me. But weight isn't really a big deal for me, as long as I can't break him and he can't break me!

I'll take that challenge :wink:

Happy birthday for last week, BTW.

nekowafer
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Jul 2008, 3:14 pm

Aw, thank you john! :heart:

Shastania
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Jul 2008, 1:35 pm

I won't mind if my partner (whoever that may be) was skinnier than myself or not. The important thing is that they're happy and healthy in the skin they're in.

GNRfan
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Jul 2008, 5:07 pm

I've dated a girl who was only 7 pounds lighter, than again my body fat is 8.5 % , so my weight is only from lean muscle mass , but luckily im not underweight or anything either. So in a sense it isn't a huge deal coming from a guys P.O.V..