Page 1 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2008, 12:44 am

Thai school adds 'third sex' bathroom for trangender students

Opinions on the subject?

I tend to agree with this, especially since I don't consider transsexuals (or transgendered) to be either their natural sex or desired gender.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2008, 1:13 am

huhh!, there's another sex.
Well the whole idea of a third sex washroom is taking political correctness to far.

SpiceWolf
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2008, 1:53 am

Why have any gender toilets?
Why not just have toilets?
I mean each toilet has it's own little locked cubicle anyway so It's not about privacy.

L.

Fred2670
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Aug 2008, 5:01 am

I didnt know that once they "cut it off" or
"sew it up" a person can still use a normal
regulation toilet. It seems to me that they
would need a splash guard or something

go figure

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2008, 5:10 am

more importantly why should this be an issue. If the thai authotrities have introduced, this so what. They obviously see a need and I am not going to make an uninformed knee jerk response to something I know little about. :!:

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

crackedpleasures
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2008, 2:25 pm

I find separate sex toilets a bit silly as it is. You do lock the door before dropping your pants normally, so why men and women need separate rooms is beyond my understanding. Unless we consider people so mammal-like that the thought of someone of the other gender peeing behind a wall next to your own toilet is reason enough to get aroused.

And a third sex toilet is ridiculous IMO. Why not a separate toilet for homosexuals, for the androgynous, for children, ... ??

Just create one big toilet room and make sure people lock their room before doing their business.

(excerpt from The Book of the Law - Aleister Crowley)

"Od lo avda tikvateinu" (excerpt from the Israeli hymn)

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2008, 6:28 pm

This is a strange idea. Transsexuals still do their business with either male or female plumbing, do they not? Even if you have formally disavowed your penis or your vagina, it's still what you use to urinate. And the toilet doesn't care which sex you are. I guess you could say this is a concession to the TG folks. A gesture.

Are there urinals in Third Sex bathrooms? Tampon-dispensers, condom-dispensers, or both?

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2008, 6:33 pm

i don't get it.

svend_sved
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Aug 2008, 6:51 pm

SpiceWolf wrote:
I mean each toilet has it's own little locked cubicle anyway so It's not about privacy.

L.

agreed. a toilets a f**king toilet, no matter how you twist and turn it

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2008, 6:53 pm

skafather84 wrote:
i don't get it.

Are we "ignorant" or do we just not grok? The LGBT folk love to call us "plain" folks ignorant these days. I'm tired of it. I'm a reasonably intelligence person who honestly tries to understand and I don't appreciate the LGBT referring to me that way. If they took the time to explain this stuff, we wouldn't be ignorant.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2008, 7:02 pm

slowmutant wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
i don't get it.

Are we "ignorant" or do we just not grok? The LGBT folk love to call us "plain" folks ignorant these days. I'm tired of it. I'm a reasonably intelligence person who honestly tries to understand and I don't appreciate the LGBT referring to me that way. If they took the time to explain this stuff, we wouldn't be ignorant.

well the whole third gender thing confuses me. it seems like some weird mutation of gender identity crisis. which i still have lingering thoughts of if that whole thing isn't just some gay person thinking it isn't right and so they must actually be the opposite sex...though i do know there are cases where the gender identity is actually different but that requires extensive testing to figure that out.

i dunno what you mean by calling "us plain folk". you mean straight people? i don't know any gay people who call straights ignorant just because they're straight.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2008, 7:03 pm

SpiceWolf wrote:

L.

because the women's is much nicer and they don't want to have to share with such pigs.

...at least, i've yet to see a men's restroom that isn't repulsive. i'm a fairly clean guy but god damn a lot of men are just nasty pigs. i wish i could get special permission to use the women's instead.

crackedpleasures
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2008, 7:06 pm

slowmutant wrote:
This is a strange idea. Transsexuals still do their business with either male or female plumbing, do they not? Even if you have formally disavowed your penis or your vagina, it's still what you use to urinate. And the toilet doesn't care which sex you are. I guess you could say this is a concession to the TG folks. A gesture.

Are there urinals in Third Sex bathrooms? Tampon-dispensers, condom-dispensers, or both?

Sorry for whining about details, but the vagina is not used for urination. They use an extremely small opening right above the vulva.

(excerpt from The Book of the Law - Aleister Crowley)

"Od lo avda tikvateinu" (excerpt from the Israeli hymn)

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2008, 7:10 pm

What is the word used to describe a non-transgendered, non-gay, non-lesbian, non-drag queen, non-intersexed person? I don't even know. We're getting buried under new lexicons here. :?

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2008, 7:11 pm

crackedpleasures wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

Sorry for whining about details, but the vagina is not used for urination. They use an extremely small opening right above the vulva.

The vulva and vagina are more or less the same thing, are they not? Thanks for that bit of gynecology.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2008, 7:12 pm

slowmutant wrote:
What is the word used to describe a non-transgendered, non-gay, non-lesbian, non-drag queen, non-intersexed person? I don't even know. We're getting buried under new lexicons here. :?

might wanna play down the drama some.

kein mehrheit für die mitleid.