Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

maddogtitan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Sep 2004, 4:23 pm

Yesterday, my roommate said that she was moving out in 5 days. She said that with our differences, we wouldn't get along very well. Well, fine, if that's the way she feels about it than that's the way she feels.

Okay, I totally knew that she was moving out because someone mentioned it to me about a couple of weeks ago, and that my roommate and I should discuss it. Well, I tried to think about what I was going to say to her, but when I was gonna talk to her, I didn't know how to start off the conversation, let alone the fact that she never was in the room for more than 5 minutes at a time.

My roommate this year is always the partying type and she's always out of the room. For me, that doesn't bother me because then I get the room to myself. I like that. It doesn't bother me that she gets home really late or whether or not she gets home at all. Frankly I don't notice a thing because I basically sleep through everything.

Anyways, my point is that I've had three roommates over the past two years now. My first roomate from last year never wanted to cooperate with me and so I moved out. (didn't want to be in that hall anyways). I also told my first roommate about having AS. She didn't seem to care at all. My second roommate that I had (the one I moved in with) was okay. I never told her about having AS because I didn't know if I could handle knowing that she didn't care about it and that I would probably have to move out again, and I didn't want to do that. Anyways, my second roommate had our differences as well as some issues that we needed to deal with. We were able to work out them for the short period of time before school ended.

So school ended and my first email comes from my third roommate introducing herself among other things. So we were emailing each other back and forth about the upcoming school year. She seemed nice then. When I first met her on the first day that I moved in, she seemed nice again and I hoped that hopefully this time our relationship would last more than three weeks. Anyways, I told her that I had AS because I was told by my CA (community advisor, sort of like a RA) last year that it would be in my best interest to inform her about having AS. I went ahead and told her and my roommate seemed like it was no big deal whether I had it or not, but she seemed nice about, compared to my first roommate.

I've improved a lot over the last year with a lot of personal stuff. But with the AS stuff, I don't know. Maybe I shouldn't tell my roommates or maybe there's a better way of going around about how to deal with roommates.
I don't know. I'm just sick and tired of getting new roommates every semester.

P.S. And no I can't afford a single room because it costs twice as much as a double room. Besides I do want to work on trying to improve upon my social skills.