Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Crocodile
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Aug 2008, 4:32 am

Keith wrote:
To be fair, the things you are able to do supersedes what they can do at the cost of social interaction. All great things come with a price. Social activity is the price. Question is; would you want to be like everyone else? It's people like us that makes the world what it is. Finding flaws, problems, etc, far quicker than conventional methods

No, I don't want to be like evryone else anymore. I used to until I was about 15 (not diagnosed yet) because I knew I was ''different'' and had a lack of social abilities, but I thought that if I would act like I was like ''everyone else'', I would hate myself more than I already did. If you pretend to be like someone else and pretend to like the things most people like, I tought, you are a loser. I saw my intelligence more as a problem, I was bullied with it (not just only my intelligence, I was in their eyes extremely weird and a geek) and it never brought me much.

Then I decided to just do whatever I liked, that was better than every pretending. I used to pretend because if I didn't, I got bullied even more. I also figured out that I was much smarter than other people, and that I had to use my talents, or else it was a waste. Now I see that most NT lifes are very simple, dumb and empty. I get pleasure out of what I'm doing, also because I'm very good at some things and it is nice to watch my own progression.

However, my mother thinks I have huge problems, but she doesn't seem to be able to get how much I can, and she doesn't see the fact that NT's have their issues too, but in a different way. The sort of problems is different, but they're still there. I suspect my fathet is pretty autistic too, but he is not much less than a genius, and I am not bragging or whatever, that has nothing to do with it. The fact is, he is one of the few people that see me as someone that can think for hereself, others believe I'm just insane so whatever I say, it is in their eyes just nonsence. I know what has happened when I was diagnosed, in my family's eyes I lost my credibility. That's why I won't tell my classmates, if they'd know, they would only see my AS and not my personality. Asperger's would overshadow it.

I GRADUATED WITH THE HIGHEST GRADES OF MY YEAR!! !! !