Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2008, 11:30 pm

Just quit world of warcraft today. Sold my account (got $400, lol), uninstalled. It was my main obsession, and I was playing it way too much. Glad I quit though, now I can focus more on other things I used to do a lot, which I was neglecting due to wow.

If you want/need any help quitting wow, send me a private message or just post here if you want, I'd be glad to help you :b.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2008, 11:35 pm

I shall never quit! I love my vices.

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2008, 11:46 pm

I quit months ago. I really didn't like BC, AND I could never find a group for instances that didn't SUCK....which resulted in me not being able to get keyed for Kara. I just said "Screw this!"....now I play Civ IV instead....

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2008, 11:54 pm

i had a hunter with 3/8 t6 and a bear mount, and a druid with 5/8 t6 and a bunch of offspec t6.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2008, 11:56 pm

I quit a few days ago too! Granted, I only played it for ten days and that was my trial period. :lol: But I did get up to level 17 as a human sorceror, so I think I got a good taste of what the game was like.

If you're looking for a similar game that doesn't have the potential to be a time-sink like WoW, Guild Wars is the game to go to. The levelling caps at 20 and it's fairly easy to get the best equipment, the game relies more on skill once you reach the level/equipment max. It also doesn't cost anything to play once you've bought the game. It plays more like a traditional game with a story/campaign, and though there's a large world to explore the campaign part of the game is mission-based, and you can eventually win. Plus you never have to wait for players to do a quest/mission, you can always fill in your party with some AI-controlled party members.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 12:16 am

I could never play wow for spans longer than a couple months. On my first run, I got my mage character to level 48. On the second I got him to 64. Haven't played wow since, although my account still exists and I could reactivate if I wanted to (although I most likely wont)...

Pobodys_Nerfect
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 1:04 am

I'd been addicted to PC games for about 15 years. That has spanned only 4 games :lol: Starting from the first civilization, on Amiga, through Caesar and a couple others. The second to last one I don't even wanna mention. The last one wasn't so addictive and was more relaxing. I think I needed that to wean off gaming. Now I'm free and feel less anxious. I recommend getting a slow computer and giving up gaming altogether. Focus on your education so you can get a good job above all the NT politics.

philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 1:51 am

I just quit last night myself ^_^ what did you leave behind Atomsk oh great pirate king.

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 2:26 am

philosopherBoi wrote:
I just quit last night myself ^_^ what did you leave behind Atomsk oh great pirate king.

Hahaha, glad to see someone else here likes FLCL.

Sold my two 70's, didnt give any of my gold or anything to friends. What did you do to your account to make sure you wouldnt play anymore?

philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 2:34 am

Atomsk wrote:
philosopherBoi wrote:

Hahaha, glad to see someone else here likes FLCL.

Sold my two 70's, didnt give any of my gold or anything to friends. What did you do to your account to make sure you wouldnt play anymore?

I deleted all my characters my boy friend as PISSED since I am the only one who ever helped him. We were on one of those servers where everyone acted like an idiot and changed far to much for stuff.

Liopleurodon
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Aug 2008, 4:19 am

I probably play more than is healthy. I don't want to give up though. Would probably be good for me to cut down on my play time and get other things done - it sucks up time more than anything else on earth.

philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 4:24 am

Liopleurodon wrote:
I probably play more than is healthy. I don't want to give up though. Would probably be good for me to cut down on my play time and get other things done - it sucks up time more than anything else on earth.

Yeah then when try to get some of the super cool stuff like the Alchemist's stone then it really eats up your time grrrr I tried for two months to get that thing didn't come close.

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 6:26 am

philosopherBoi wrote:
Liopleurodon wrote:

Yeah then when try to get some of the super cool stuff like the Alchemist's stone then it really eats up your time grrrr I tried for two months to get that thing didn't come close.

I had 375 alchemy on both of my 70's, with an assassins alchemist stone on my hunter. Alch stone is easy to get, as long as you've got enough cash laying around.

Betterclassed
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Aug 2008, 7:31 am

I hate WoW a lot but can't stop playing this sh(*. It should be obvious by now the complete repetitiveness of it. Quest after quest and it's the same crap everytime. I like a story that you can be a part of. With wow it seems to little roleplaying when it comes to the game iteself. Nothing really truely interesting happens until you hit 70 or 80 or 90 or haha 10000 which is the way it's going with expansions. Like I want to spend another 1 - 60 session of my life down the tube for just 10 levels to get to the "newest thing in". I really hate it really and would rather quit the stupid thing. IT'S ALL A BLOODY GRIND. I love games like crysis where you can really get in on the action. Haha yeah I don't like it much and prefer to get along without. What did you do?

jamesohgoodie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2008, 3:12 pm

$400? sheesh i almost want to start the game and get a real high level just so i can sell my account for insane amounts of dosh later.

NEVER NORMAL - Saving the World Between Sketchbooks
nevernormal.net

sirocco333
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Aug 2008, 3:38 pm

I've played WoW (World of Warcraft) for over a year now. I've got a couple level 70's and several other various level characters. Admittedly I play way too much.

One question I have is why is this such an addictive game? My belief is that it satisfies a need for achievement / success within us, competition as well. These things are fairly obvious answers though.

Why do we choose to take the intangible benifit of completing a quest in a game over those of real life? I.e. WoW vs the glamorous task of doing dishes.

Is there a way to perhaps make the real tasks of life have more appeal? Should I write up a quest for doing my dishes and give a reward at the end? :) I'm mostly joking, but not totally.

Jon