Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2008, 2:07 pm

I also easily read mirrored letters or real mirror writing without noticing that it is mirrored. I don't notice if it's mirror writing usually. If I turn it upside down from my position too, then I notice immediately. I don't know why.

I also mixed up b and d, but because I had been mirroring the 2 letters before. So that b had been d and d had been b before I started writing un-mirrored.

Liverbird
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Aug 2008, 7:57 pm

How about a similar problem with writing. I write upside down. Not with the letters actually physically upside down, but evidently, I write them upside down. You are apparently supposed to start writing at the tops of letters, but I don't, I start on the bottom. I don't really understand it, because it never made sense to me to write them any other way. It's prolly a sensory issue.

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2008, 10:08 am

Liverbird wrote:
How about a similar problem with writing. I write upside down. Not with the letters actually physically upside down, but evidently, I write them upside down. You are apparently supposed to start writing at the tops of letters, but I don't, I start on the bottom. I don't really understand it, because it never made sense to me to write them any other way. It's prolly a sensory issue.

Probably, because the reason to make children learn starting all letters at the top left is because it's Western starting point of writing. From left to right and from bottom to top. To avoid the kids getting confused on how to write letters and from which direction to which this is treated as a very important learning process today.

If you either feel more comfortable with this order reversed or even can only write like that, it's possible that this is because your perception works different than average. Either it still works unlike that of most others or it was just how your perceived things when you first learnt writing.