Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2008, 11:25 pm

Sorry this is late but... keeping my fingers crossed for ya!

Tohlagos
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2008, 9:21 am

computerlove wrote:
thx Tohlagos :)

Today I went to the practical test, and it went (I hope) very well =D
They said they'll be in touch in about 10 days.

Awesome! Let us know if you get it please. Some good news would be, well good to hear.

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2008, 1:06 am

Gamester wrote:
Computerlove. I didn't say engineer. I said computer enginnering type. Since I have no idea what this job is, besides the aforementioned software design and so forth.

Yes, I know, as if they required me to be a social butterfly :lol:
I should have said in the interview "I'm shy, I'm an obsessive and a perfectionist, there's no need for a test to know that" :P

MissConstrue wrote:
WOw another job?! !!

<rant>
Yes, I'm looking for another job, I had been thinking about leaving my current job for at least a couple of months, like two or three months ago, but just these past weeks I made a real effort to look for one, better late than never :)

I'm just not happy where I am, I've been weighing if it's better to continue there or find something else, because where I am now doesn't offer medical insurance, retirement funds nor housing credit :(. I've been working there for almost 10 months and I have done zero progress on those things. And it sucks.

It was a great opportunity to grow and be a better professional, and I'm thankful for that, but having a low salary (and it was worse when I was a student) and having to deal with... well, there are many things that bother me, but I won't go into details.

I think the most important thing in all of this is that at my age I have to start thinking more about this stuff (retirement, medical bills) and be more conscious. So, when I saw this opportunity I jumped at it :)

Even if I don't get the job I'll leave...

</end rant>