Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2008, 3:14 pm

no, we're talking about talking about reincarnation. Completely different :P

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2008, 3:14 pm

I rememeber the mentioning of the ten percent related to Einstein's brain, I remember it was like an insinuation that we don't use all the available potential of our brain as Einstein did, and that was within the 10 percent limit. Usually that comes from the belief of the paranormal, like telekinesis and telepathy and stuff like that, which would be the 90% of the brain we don't use, according to the belief.

That has been proven wrong by now, with the brain scanning stuff fnord mentioned, if that was true, we should have had that confirmed in labs by now, with experiments and tests, especially with savants, although the savants thing is my opinion.

Last edited by greenblue on 21 Aug 2008, 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2008, 3:17 pm

Averick wrote:
benjimanbreeg wrote:
patternist wrote:
Quote:
I personally also believe semantics are overused on WP

Agree; what does it acheive, really?
I don't post to be cross-examined. And I don't read posts to cross-examine. But apparently some people enjoy it.

thats why simple discussions can't be had on here. Once they get started with that stuff, they just take over the thread, and it spirals out of control.

Exactly. He might think like a scientist, but I think like a lawyer. :wink:
:D

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2008, 3:29 pm

greenblue wrote:
I rememeber the mentioning of the ten percent related to Einstein's brain, I remember it was like an insinuation that we don't use all the available potential of our brain as Einstein did, and that was within the 10 percent limit. Usually that comes from the belief of the paranormal, like telekinesis and telepathy and stuff like that, which would be the 90% of the brain we don't use, according to the belief.

That has been proven wrong by now, with the brain scanning stuff fnord mentioned, if that was true, we should have had that confirmed in labs by now, with experiments and tests, especially with savants, although the savants thing is my opinion.

Let us not forget that Einstein probably also had a brain-deficiency that would've concluded that he didn't use all his brain like a neurotypical.