Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Arcona
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Aug 2008, 8:31 pm

I'm thinking of joining the Solidarity trade union. Does anybody have any experience of it? The things I like about Solidarity are:

1. It's a union for all trades and occupations. There is currently no other union that represents my occupation.

2. It's politically neutral and not aligned with the Labour Party - that I hate.

3. It has a put Britain and the British worker first rather than ranting on about the third world that lots of other trade unions do.

http://www.solidaritytradeunion.net

Jenna_Appleseed
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Aug 2008, 2:09 pm

politicaly neutral? notice the word Nationalist in the description on their webpage. They may claim to be for all Ethnic backgrounds but they've got links to Nick Grithins of the BNP

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solidarity ... sh_Workers
from their wiki page

Quote:
Links to the BNP?
Union President Adam Walker is a British National Party (BNP) member Independently scrutinised elections to the Solidarity Executive were held in November 2007. Those elected for five year terms were Garry Aronsson, Simone Clarke and Mark Walker (BNP members), David Durant and David Kerr (National Liberal Party members). [8]

General Secretary Patrick Harrington is a member of the National Liberal Party and Third Way (UK), and not a member of the BNP. He is, however, a veteran of far-right politics in the UK, who formerly served on the leadership of the National Front. He voted to disband the organisation in 1989. It is said that he maintains some contact with his former NF colleague and current BNP chairman Nick Griffin (see entry on Harrington for more details). The National Liberal Party and Third Way appear to have significant policy differences with the BNP.

Arcona

21 Aug 2008, 4:10 pm

Less that 10% of the Solidarity membership are members of the BNP. Most aren't members of any party.

I used to be a BNP member but resigned because I couldn't stand Gri££in's arrogant leadership and the change in party policy over religion.

Jenna_Appleseed
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Aug 2008, 4:46 pm

bang goes the theory about people on the spectrum not being bigots

Arcona

22 Aug 2008, 6:52 am

Jenna_Appleseed wrote:

I don't consider myself to be a bigot and I'm certainly no Nazi. I joined the BNP 10 years ago out of curiosity because I wanted to know what it really was like from first hand sources.

I consider myself to be a nationalist and I'm socially conservative and economically centerist which is what the BNP generally is - or was. However, I can't stand the Gri££inite flavour of the BNP that has emerged in recent years. Gri££in is an egomaniac on a power trip whose tactic is to resort to shallow spin and propaganda about Islam rather than focusing on solid traditional nationalist principles.

"Slick Nick" Gri££in has the opposite condition of AS and his brain is wired the same way as the brains of Tony Blair and George Bush.

ascan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2008, 4:06 pm

Jenna_Appleseed wrote:

What's wrong with being a nationalist, anyway? And why suggest the guy's a bigot? Several English members here find BNP policies attractive. That includes me. Do you think I'm a bigot? Come on, now, don't be shy...

As for the union in question, I've only read about it. Personally, I distrust unions, but if Arcona feels he needs one, then it seems better to join Solidarity than help finance the destruction of the country by joining any of those that support Labour.