Us aspies, are more likely to find our soulmate.

Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

liloleme
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2008, 1:01 pm

prillix wrote:
liloleme wrote:
When I was a little girl...

Lol, and i always thought that avatar was a picture of you :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: I wish I looked like John Taylor.....even if I am a girl :D .

Liverbird
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

24 Aug 2008, 4:51 pm

Ishmael, are emotions that can be "expressed mathematically" as you say, truly emotions? The difference between logic and emotions is a gap as deep and wide as the difference between art and math. Although you can express art with mathematical calculations, is it truly art? Do you develop the same feeling for it as you did when the artist physically put paintbrush to canvas. I think no.

This is the fundamental difference between humankind and every other organism on the planet. Art and emotion. Humans can have it, express it, create it. The others can not.

Now, what kind of AS comments am I going to get about that? I know that although a majority of AS people may be math and science oriented, there is a great number of us who are also driven by art and our senses.

Ishmael
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2008, 5:12 pm

Liverbird wrote:
Ishmael, are emotions that can be "expressed mathematically" as you say, truly emotions? The difference between logic and emotions is a gap as deep and wide as the difference between art and math. Although you can express art with mathematical calculations, is it truly art? Do you develop the same feeling for it as you did when the artist physically put paintbrush to canvas. I think no.

This is the fundamental difference between humankind and every other organism on the planet. Art and emotion. Humans can have it, express it, create it. The others can not.

Now, what kind of AS comments am I going to get about that? I know that although a majority of AS people may be math and science oriented, there is a great number of us who are also driven by art and our senses.

Artistic sense is a phenomena dictated by the specific neurological patterns in the brain.
Mathematics, logic, are not seperate from the "human" factor; merely a deeper expression of it. Logic is the underlying law defining reality - all things fall under the domain of logic.
It isn't some cold, distant, emotionless thing - at a different perspective on events.

Liverbird
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

24 Aug 2008, 8:12 pm

If it all came down to that, we'd have computers with better personalities.

Ishmael
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2008, 8:58 pm

Liverbird wrote:
If it all came down to that, we'd have computers with better personalities.

What do you mean if? It is that! Computers don't function under higher logic than people; it's lesser but simpler and easier to observe as a result. Whether or not you can interpret it, the collision and direction of the neural passeges that are, in essence, you, are goverened by those principles. You can't remove yourself from logic, it's merely a process.