Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

spacemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2005, 5:54 pm

It is not really hallucinogenic until you have way too much of it, which I haven't. But it is a little more than drunk in my experience.
Very subtle though, and if you don't like the taste of licorice, it's not really worth it.

Knasher
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Nov 2005, 4:24 pm

The only time I ever blacked out was when I drank 3 red bulls and vodka in a row. All in all Id say I drank about €70 in one night, and I have no idea how I managed to cycle home in one piece afterward. On a brighter note I've never had a hangover, its kinda ironic really cause I never liked alcohol either and I don't drink anymore. I'm wondering if people are a little bit masochistic and enjoy hangovers or something, or maybe they just enjoy complaining about them and don't really feel them at all.

Quote:
It's a liquor made from wormwood, it smells and tastes like liquorice and is supposed to be hallucinogenic

I never noticed that it smelled like liquorice, are you sure your not talking about sambucca, one of my house mates brought a bottle back from amsterdam and we drank it by lighting a spoon of absinthe soaked suger on fire, then mixing it in with more in a glass and downing it. Not sure why they wanted to drink it that way though ( could of been to see if they could drink it, they got a big kick out of my lack of expression when my turn came around tho )...
Also the hallucinogenic thing might come from the high alcohol content (it can go up to 70%), can't say it ever had that effect on me tho, of course my hallucinations may have been really boring and I didn't notice.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2005, 5:01 pm

One night, I got so drunk, I blacked out. I had absolutely no recollection of what I was doing. However, people told me I was reciting passages from the Bible. It was probably the book of Exodus, judging from what people told me I was saying.

theman
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

Location: Oklahoma...... where the men are men and the sheep run scared.

13 Nov 2005, 6:53 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
One night, I got so drunk, I blacked out. I had absolutely no recollection of what I was doing. However, people told me I was reciting passages from the Bible. It was probably the book of Exodus, judging from what people told me I was saying.

Where's a video camera when you need one, eh. :wink:

Knasher, it says absinthe on the bottle, I even tried a second one, same taste and smell, like licorice, nasty stuff. :(

ajs_line_of_silver
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Nov 2005, 7:21 pm

Knasher wrote

Quote:
On a brighter note I've never had a hangover, its kinda ironic really cause I never liked alcohol either and I don't drink anymore. I'm wondering if people are a little bit masochistic and enjoy hangovers or something, or maybe they just enjoy complaining about them and don't really feel them at all.

You usually need 2 have been drinking for a couple or years before you start getting hangovers

spacemonkey wrote
Quote:
It is not really hallucinogenic until you have way too much of it, which I haven't. But it is a little more than drunk in my experience.

Wormwood is very hallucinogenic If the absinthe is not then it is the legal stuff which can “contain” wormwood so they can call it absent but it has bean altered so it is no longer brain dribblingly trippy

danlo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2005, 5:54 am

I haven't noticed Absinthe tasting like licorice at all. It's awful tasting stuff, more like mouth wash than licorice. Wine is generally weak, and generally tastes awful. The nicest drink, is Midori, Vodka and Kiwi juice. You mix it half Midori/Vodka, half kiwi juice, and it tastes like cordial.

sadeyedgirl
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Nov 2005, 4:08 pm

Midori sours are really good as well. My first love was Jose Cuervo. MMMMM Tequila. Sorry didn't mean to dribble. Anyway I often black out when I drink because I have been drinking to forget some things that I have done that I am not proud of. :oops: