Goths, shiny happy flashy things, neopets & rats!

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Twilight_Vally
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Nov 2005, 5:50 am

umm i've been a member for a while now but i still don't know anyone on here (exept the person who refered me of corse) so if u're interested in any of the things above (or wanna chat anyway) please feal free
oh by the way:
hi i'm milly, i'm 18 i live in south australia & as you've probbly gused i love rats, neopets, shiny flashy happy things (most commonly found at raves) and am a goth, well gippy realy (gothic hippy) so yeah hope to meet you all soon :)

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2005, 10:22 am

Oh good, I'm not the only person on here who wound up addicted to neopets as a legal adult (I'm off it now though, have been for I don't even know how long, more than a year).

Just post around and you'll get to know us!

Sanityisoverrated
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2005, 1:15 pm

SA, eh? That would explain the whole 'Twilight Valley' thing. Do you live on a vineyard perchance?

Twilight_Vally
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Nov 2005, 2:58 pm

no i don't live on a vinyard though i do live in the barossa. i'm rather sick of them acctshaly i mean seriously how much wine can we possibly drink??

Twilight_Vally
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Nov 2005, 3:01 pm

wow that must have taken ALOT of self restraint! i've tryed a copple times but i miss my babys too much!! !

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2005, 3:43 pm

I am a Goth.

-SpaceCase :D

Twilight_Vally
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Nov 2005, 8:32 pm

heaps cool! i love goths i think the whorld needs more of us!!

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2005, 9:33 pm

I thought goths arent supposed to be happy.

AbominableSnoCone
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2005, 11:16 pm

ilikedragons wrote:
I thought goths arent supposed to be happy.

yeah, some goths think that goths who don't try to make themselves depressed 100% of the time are just posers and don't really understand what 'goth' is really all about.

I myself like the music sometimes (and sorta think that some goth gals are really hot) but have never felt the need to wear such ridiculously stupid clothing

Twilight_Vally
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Nov 2005, 11:59 pm

yeah some goths are realy depressave people and alot of people that become goth do so because like us here with aspies it's nice to know your not alone. the calture though has alot more to it than black & depression. what all the other things about goth are, are a matter of oppinion. AbominableSnoCone i have no idea what your talking about with "ridiculously stupid clothing" the goths i know are some of the best dressed people i've ever met, perhaps it's a location thing...or perhaps you just haven't seen the goths that wair the butifull cloths that my friends do

Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Nov 2005, 2:09 am

I'm moderately goth. Hi Twilight_Vally!

AbominableSnoCone
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2005, 9:20 am

Twilight_Vally wrote:
AbominableSnoCone i have no idea what your talking about with "ridiculously stupid clothing" the goths i know are some of the best dressed people i've ever met, perhaps it's a location thing...or perhaps you just haven't seen the goths that wair the butifull cloths that my friends do

um, I guess I meant more like I think its too extravagant. I can understand why some would wear it for a night on the town or something but I don't understand why people wear it in their daily life. I've never understood why people of any subculture feel the need to dress ridiculously to emphasize how 'different' they are, it seems like a waste of time to me (and then they end up just dressing the same as everyone else in your subculture anyway... oops!)

CRACK
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2005, 9:34 am

It wasn't too long ago that anybody who wore goth clothing would be laughed at, but now its so common that I swear some people actually find it appealing, not just a means of expressing how different they are.

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2005, 2:09 pm

Suilad and welcome to WP. I have a friend who wears a lot of goth-looking clothing, and she's probably one of the nicest people I know, so that just proves it's not very nice to judge someone by how they look. Anyways, I hope you feel welcome here. :)

ramsamsam
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Nov 2005, 3:49 pm

In the 80s goths were considered to new-age hippies. In particular Fields of Nephilm with their love of flour power*...
They had a penchant for saturating their entities in flour as part of their image (Fields of Nephilm).

Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Nov 2005, 9:40 pm

I think you mean Fields of the Nephilim, a quintet of occultists in cowboy attire.