Women Prejudging by Appearance?

Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2008, 1:30 pm

I suppose I have a fairly masculine appearance, and I exercise regularly (note: not excessively muscular but more the build of a runner or swimmer), so maybe women I assume I have the social skills and particularly the flirting skills they have come to expect from fairly masculine-looking men. Since I do not meet their assumptions, they are turned off. Does this seem plausible?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2008, 1:48 pm

NeantHumain wrote:
I suppose I have a fairly masculine appearance, and I exercise regularly (note: not excessively muscular but more the build of a runner or swimmer), so maybe women I assume I have the social skills and particularly the flirting skills they have come to expect from fairly masculine-looking men. Since I do not meet their assumptions, they are turned off. Does this seem plausible?

Very plausible.

Do you dress well?
Are you well-groomed?
Do you have good personal hygeine?
Are you able-bodied?
Are you in good health?
Do you own a car?
Are you dependable?
Do you live on your own?
Are you easy-going?
Do you have a job?
Are you honest?
Do you enjoy spending money?
Are you interesting?
Are you friendly?
Are you lovable?
Do you pay attention?
Are you well-mannered?
Do you have female friends?

The more 'No' answers you have, the less attractive you are.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

coyote
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 Aug 2008, 1:52 pm

Do they ask sometimes "Do I love him?" ?

:wink:

MissPickwickian
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2008, 2:25 pm

Most women have a Darwinian thing where they look for men who look like they can provide for a family (nature is so sexist). Primal qualities such as height and strength are taken into account ("big man hunt and must bring me and baby much mammoth!"), but in modern times women will also look for grooming and expensive clothing, which convey status as an employed person who can afford a partner or a family.

On the other hand, there really are women who are unbelievably shallow for personal rather than genetic reasons. Just avoid them like the plague.

Oh, and remember that men do similar things all the time ("look, giant boobies!") so you don't get too resentful or anything. :)

Last edited by MissPickwickian on 27 Aug 2008, 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KingChaosNinja
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Aug 2008, 2:25 pm

Fnord wrote:

I like how that made the list, but I'd be willing to argue it.

*I picked this username 4 years ago when I was in high school. Don't hold it against me.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2008, 2:28 pm

KingChaosNinja wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Note that I didn't say "Are you wealthy?" but "Do you enjoy spending money?". The two don't necessarily go together (but it helps).

I've noticed that if a person is not willing to spend money, they usually rely on others spending theirs, and that makes the person unpopular.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2008, 2:29 pm

MissPickwickian wrote:
Most women have an Darwinian thing where they look for men who look like they can provide for a family (nature is so sexist). Primal qualities such as height and strength are taken into account ("big man hunt and must bring me and baby much mammoth!"), but in modern times women will also look for grooming and expensive clothing, which convey status as an employed person who can afford a partner or a family.

On the other hand, there really are women who are unbelievably shallow for personal rather than genetic reasons. Just avoid them like the plague.

Oh, and remember that men do similar things all the time ("look, giant boobies!") so you don't get too resentful or anything. :)

^
Yes, that - much of it is instincts we aren`t even aware of happening
its a natural thing - survival of the fittest, eat or be eaten
Like it or not :) .. its a ruff place this world

Last edited by ImTheGuyThatDidThat on 27 Aug 2008, 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2008, 2:31 pm

Quote:
nature is so sexist

Word MissPick, despite of being with gender equality , I was accused many times of being 'sexist' when I state any nature/evolution-related theory.

KingChaosNinja
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Aug 2008, 2:49 pm

Fnord wrote:
KingChaosNinja wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Note that I didn't say "Are you wealthy?" but "Do you enjoy spending money?". The two don't necessarily go together (but it helps).

I've noticed that if a person is not willing to spend money, they usually rely on others spending theirs, and that makes the person unpopular.

Oh no, I understood you, but I don't think that it's as fair of an assumption as the others. And I don't think there is a strong correlation between not spending your money and spending other peoples money. I'm a rather frugal person, but I don't pass the buck along to others.

*I picked this username 4 years ago when I was in high school. Don't hold it against me.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2008, 2:52 pm

KingChaosNinja wrote:
Fnord wrote:
KingChaosNinja wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Oh no, I understood you, but I don't think that it's as fair of an assumption as the others. And I don't think there is a strong correlation between not spending your money and spending other peoples money. I'm a rather frugal person, but I don't pass the buck along to others.

But does a person enjoy spending money, as opposed to becoming petulant or grumpy when they have to? Nobody likes a grumpy person, frugal or not.

KingChaosNinja
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Aug 2008, 3:06 pm

Fnord wrote:
But does a person enjoy spending money, as opposed to becoming petulant or grumpy when they have to? Nobody likes a grumpy person, frugal or not.

Well then it should be, "Pleasant to be around?" or some such. But money is generally irrelevant in our situation, seeing as how it's very emotionally hazardous for us to be with shallow and materialistic people.

Oggleleus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Aug 2008, 3:06 pm

Fnord wrote:
NeantHumain wrote:

Very plausible.

Do you dress well?
Are you well-groomed?
Do you have good personal hygeine?
Are you able-bodied?
Are you in good health?
Do you own a car?
Are you dependable?
Do you live on your own?
Are you easy-going?
Do you have a job?
Are you honest?
Are you interesting?
Are you friendly?
Are you lovable?
Do you pay attention?
Are you well-mannered?
Do you have female friends?

The more 'No' answers you have, the less attractive you are.

Good list BTW. Get some people thinking about what a women looks for instead of basing attraction purely on good looks.

We all prejudge a little bit based on what we see. Mike Tyson, the boxer is a good example. Looking at the guy you would think this guy is Mr. Macho but once he opens his mouth and that high pitched voice comes out then your left scratching your head a little because he did not meet your expectations or the expectations of the stereotype.

For me, I have found if you are pretty good looking, have a somewhat decent job, can provide multiple orgasms and a transcendental experience for her from time to time then you can throw all of those other question out the door. :lol:

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2008, 3:14 pm

NeantHumain wrote:

Do you think that being masculer bring a disadvantage that you might out shadow her in attractiveness, while not because you are an aspie.

deadeyexx
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2008, 3:51 pm

Very likely. I've found similar results myself, so I tend to dress down.

MissPickwickian
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2008, 4:01 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:
Word MissPick, despite of being with gender equality , I was accused many times of being 'sexist' when I state any nature/evolution-related theory.

You'll like this: http://www.theonion.com/content/node/27908