LFA people on here creeping me out a bit on here

Page 12 of 12 [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 12:44 pm

Jaysonlee4 wrote:
agree...am wondering why this person has not been shut down by mods unless they have just not been on lately.

Well, the OP hasn’t posted in nearly 12 hours. We can thank Jaysonlee4, Spokane_Girl, Warsie, KingdomOfRats, CockneyRebel, myself and others for keeping this thread alive. :roll:

- Emerson

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 1:03 pm

MrMark wrote:
Well, the OP hasn’t posted in nearly 12 hours. We can thank Jaysonlee4, Spokane_Girl, Warsie, KingdomOfRats, CockneyRebel, myself and others for keeping this thread alive. :roll:

well I'm saging this thread from now on...... 8)

.....oh wait; wrong software :P :oops: :lol:

Haliphron
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 2:07 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Save that attitude for Autism Speaks. I've dealt with enough people with your attitude, here at WP. If you don't like this thread, than don't post in it. If you don't like it here, you can post at another community. There's lots of them out there.

But I DO like it here on WP! This is by far the BEST Autism/Aspergers community out there. Im not trying to be intolerant or mean spirited, I just happen to have a Very Extreme case of Coprophobia and I can hardly stand to be around babies and tots cuz they're not potty trained. BTW, how common is incontinence among people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders? PARTICULARLY those with AS/HFA?? Of all the Aspies and Autists that Ive encountered online and offline, NONE of them had incontinence. So this whole thing is fairly new to me because before reading this thread I never new that such was an issue for Autists.

01 Sep 2008, 2:23 pm

That's good. I am glad you are not bigot like since you have the same problems being around babies and young children too still in diapers.

I don't know how common it is in autism disorders to be incontinent but I don't know if most LFA's are still in diapers. I have only heard of a few cases of some autistic people never being out of diapers. I read the average for an autistic child to be out of diapers is at age seven. But I know some are potty trained earlier and some are potty trained later and some are never.

TBH, there have been things out there that grossed me out too because someone was severely deformed and even the Jews in concentration camps grossed me out because they were so thin. I knew they were literally dying and it was gross. But luckily I have developed a strong stomach so I don't feel so grossed out when I see something deformed or different like with someone who was badly burned. I think lot of people are easily grossed out by deformed people or by people who were badly burned, etc. but it makes me mad when they act intolorant about it.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 2:38 pm

t0 wrote:
0_equals_true wrote:
Neither do 'experts'. No slight to them, but in most cases nobody knows how well a person function better then the person themselves.
So there is some logic in what ProtossX is saying, although I would go a step further and not look at functioning in such a one dimensional way.

These two statements seem to contradict. If the person can be the only true judge of their level of functioning, ProtossX's diagnoses of those on the forum (and those he spends time with) would be erroneous

oh they are erroneous, except the idea that is not just higher functioning and lower functioning as HF/LF is equally erroneous and out of date. I would say he is well capable of making that deduction even if he is not capable of assessing somebody elses functioning.

Lupine
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Sep 2008, 3:35 pm

MrMark wrote:
Jaysonlee4 wrote:
agree...am wondering why this person has not been shut down by mods unless they have just not been on lately.

Well, and now you can thank me too... :lol:

Whatever the intention (or lack thereof) of the Original Poster, I learned a great deal from this thread, and I'd like to thank the responders for making the effort to post informative, well-thought-out answers. Definitely gave me a lot to think about.

I was late in acquiring speech. When I starting speaking, I referred to myself only by my name, preceded by "the".

CelticRose
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 4:39 pm

Lupine wrote:
MrMark wrote:
Jaysonlee4 wrote:

Well, and now you can thank me too... :lol:

Whatever the intention (or lack thereof) of the Original Poster, I learned a great deal from this thread, and I'd like to thank the responders for making the effort to post informative, well-thought-out answers. Definitely gave me a lot to think about.

Ditto. I'd like to again thank everyone for their educational posts. I learned a lot about LFA from reading this thread. Which, BTW, is the only reason I kept reading past the first few posts. I usually just ignore trolls.

Autism Speaks does not speak for me. I am appalled to discover that Alex Plank has allied himself with an organization that is dedicated to eliminating autistic people. I no longer wish to have anything to do with Wrong Planet. Delete this account.