Yes 22%  22%  [ 12 ]
No 46%  46%  [ 25 ]
Don't Know 31%  31%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 54

MartyMoose
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 11:46 am

Despite being socially awkward I seem to posses a great deal of Charisma.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 11:50 am

Totally.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 11:57 am

I have great charisma. If I tell people to do something, they'll be sure to do the opposite.
(sarcastic)

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 12:14 pm

Like a cactus plant.

E7ernal
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Sep 2008, 12:29 pm

Charismatic? No
Awkward, introverted, antisocial? Yes Indeedy

Ryn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Sep 2008, 1:41 pm

I'm the most uncharismatic person ever. I work my ass off being friendly, helping out, and doing other things for my friends, but due to not being a charmer I'm always on the sidelines. I can be funny sometimes, but that's the extent of it.

I will never be charismatic because I don't think my brain registers charm as a "good" thing. My roommate is charismatic, but I don't really see how.

UndercoverAlien
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 1:43 pm

lol how can you "dont know" if you charismatic or not unless you have alzheimer

MartyMoose
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 1:45 pm

My witty humor and funny comments are a big part of my charisma

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 2:12 pm

MartyMoose wrote:
My witty humor and funny comments are a big part of my charisma

I'm quite a joker too but I go overboard a lot (unintentionally) and end up offending ppl. wouldn't really call it charisma in my case :p

Brandon-J
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 2:25 pm

Not much no

irikarah
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Sep 2008, 2:26 pm

I seem to polarize people. Some people think I have a peculiar charm, others have a negative reaction to me from the moment they first meet me...or at least, that's how it comes across.

MemberSix
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 5:34 pm

Is charisma charm ?

I always thought it was more of an understated leadership quality.

Is it heritable ?

I was always told my dad was very charismatic.
Could walk into a room and mesmorise it with his presence (didn't say whether that was Christmas or birthday).

I'm pretty sure I have something of a similar sort because people always pay attention to me.

Maybe it's just arrogance.

Hehe.

McCann_Can_Triple
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Sep 2008, 5:40 pm

Nope... although I never seem to be effected by charismatic people though or charmers.

River: They say the snow on the roof is too heavy. They say the ceiling will cave in. His brains are in terrible danger. "

Hurley's mom "Jesus Christ is not a weapon."

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 6:12 pm

irikarah wrote:
I seem to polarize people. Some people think I have a peculiar charm, others have a negative reaction to me from the moment they first meet me...or at least, that's how it comes across.

I also get either very good or very bad reactions for the most part. It gets to the point where both sets of reactions are almost equally irritating. I'd rather be seen for who I am, rather than whether some little piece of what I do either really bothers or really impresses someone.

It even happens online, I notice, with my writing. I've seen some people take an instant dislike to it on sight, usually viewing emotions present in it that are not there. I've seen other people really like it, and I've even seen people describe it as calm and rational at times when I am anything but calm or rational. (The opposite of when people see me as perpetually angry for the content of writing that was written in a good mood.)

Same with my body language. It's either misread as utterly serene and peaceful, or misread as something awful.

And this has happened my whole life. Teachers often either couldn't stand my disorganization, "carelessness" (i.e. another facet of unrecognized learning disabilities), social skills, weird speech, mannerisms/habits, etc., or acted like I was going to be a rocket scientist or something. (My parents say even at parent-teacher meetings people were often way divided about me, with some saying really positive things (even if I was struggling or truly misbehaving in their class), and others picking out really inconsequential little things and ranting about them to a surprising and alarming degree (even if I was doing well in their class).

And I have no idea what provokes these extremes of response, but I wish that would go away and be replaced by a less strongly emotional response. I've found that even the positive reactions put me on edge, because as often as not the person is putting me on a false pedestal and will get angry at me when I fall off (even if I've already warned them that I'm more human than they're allowing for).

gray_imagination
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Sep 2008, 6:53 pm

in a way, I guess I can be. with young children certainly. but I am still something of a child in many ways and most people find it "cute" and I can use that sometimes.

but if I am not running about blowing bubbles with abandon or something similarly odd for a 23 year old, then not as much. when I am serious and more adult like I can be awkward, passive, and submissive so then not at all. The expection is in a classroom setting when I am charismatic to professors but not usually to students.

aspiartist
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 7:20 pm

Yes, I think so because people are always drawn to me, strangely enough, even though my communication skills are nearly nil.