Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

wilbury
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Sep 2008, 5:22 pm

i go in and out of depression all the time.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 5:33 pm

When I'm depressed, I alternate between sadness and anger. Either one could come first. I'd say I mostly suffer mild depression with occasional moderate. I've been in severe once, I made my step dad hide his guns from me at that time.

blamo
Raven
Raven

02 Sep 2008, 7:42 pm

I was tested for depression, I didn't even think I was, the doctor told me the results showed me "severely depressed".
...And I felt good when I took the test :o .
I feel sad, angry and generally poo-like most of the time. When I do i don't really want anyone around me. This has cost me relationships. Women don't seem to want to be around moody jerks for some reason.
I am really good at messing up relationships anyway.

Great...now I'm depressed.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 9:11 pm

I'm on an antidepressant and I'm still depressed. Depression inhibits me more than anything else in life.

Some days I just feel like a rotting sack. No energy. Other times everything gets under my skin. When anything goes wrong I just want to smash my head through the wall. Noises irritate me. People irritate me. People ask me how I’m doing and I don’t have anything to say. My life feels like such a bore and I’m too tired and empty to talk about anything.

I crave excitement because it’s the only thing that can temporarily lift my energy and mood. People aren’t ever exciting to me. They are all excruciatingly dull. The only times I’m truly happy are when I find something interesting on the internet or when I go hiking in the mountains by myself.

Loborojo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 9:16 pm

marshall wrote:
I'm on an antidepressant and I'm still depressed. Depression inhibits me more than anything else in life.

Some days I just feel like a rotting sack. No energy. Other times everything gets under my skin. When anything goes wrong I just want to smash my head through the wall. Noises irritate me. People irritate me. People ask me how I’m doing and I don’t have anything to say. My life feels like such a bore and I’m too tired and empty to talk about anything.

I crave excitement because it’s the only thing that can temporarily lift my energy and mood. People aren’t ever exciting to me. They are all excruciatingly dull. The only times I’m truly happy are when I find something interesting on the internet or when I go hiking in the mountains by myself.
}}

you just took the words right outa my mouth!

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 9:27 pm

marshall wrote:

Better than being happy after abusing your body with substances (drugs, food, booze, etc) or excessive spending/gambling!

aspiartist
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 9:44 pm

I have actually been depressed since birth. It has seemed to only get progressively worse over time. Even when worse was no longer a possibility, it inevitably became worse still leading to Major Depression and Disthymia I think it's called. Depression feels mostly like an overwhelming sense of exhaustion to me. I don't care to be touched or patronized in any way so not sure what would help. It seems almost learned in my case and even if everything changed in a positive direction, I think I would still have to deal with a chronic lingering depression. It's overwhelming saddness and also internailized anger, I'm sure. Not too much could probably change it at this point. At the same time I do know how to experience pleasure, but the fatigue and saddness of depression never really leaves.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 9:53 pm

I am a solid 10.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Amik
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2008, 2:51 pm

When I'm depressed I mostly just want to be alone and don't want anyone near me. Best is if I'm home alone. Sometimes I want to talk to someone online (it's easier for me to write than to talk, especially when I'm depressed), but it's hard to find good listeners who you can trust and who don't mind listening to depressing problems.

Fortunately it's been a while since the last time I was really depressed.

Xanderbeanz
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2008, 4:03 pm

it fluctuates wildly between 1 and 8...luckily no higher than that of late :) x

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2008, 10:30 pm

I just lost about ten years' worth of computer files, so I'm pretty depressed right now =(

Hopefully it's only temporary (the files being lost, that is).

Adalan
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Sep 2008, 11:57 pm

blamo wrote:
Great...now I'm depressed.

Haha yah, when i started reading this thread I wasn't in a great mood, but now it's just worse lol...

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2008, 12:12 am

somewhere between 2-4 as of this post. it's late (12:13 Chicago time), no problems with people now (literally-alone in room with lights on etc) sleepy and enjoying my new comp...and game...and happy I can display anime etc on my HDTV....I'm set 8)