Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

thornhill
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Nov 2005, 7:25 pm

Hi, I am new here. I am an undiagnosed aspie with a 6 year old hfa son, and another son who is 4. I am an attorney in estate planning and I also sit as a temporary judge in LA superior court about once a month. I have always been ridiculously inneffective in relationships but I know enough about other things to be called the human encyclopedia by my family and idiot savant by some friends. My fantasy is that someone here will want to talk about baseball, psychology and history. Will someone please ask me a question about the World Series!! !

irishmic
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Nov 2005, 7:46 pm

Hey, well psychology and history are good topics for me, and its nice to know that we can count among our members an attourney and judge in Los Angeles just on the odd chance that I might someday need your assistance.

Welcome!

What year were the Black Sox accused of throwing the World Series?

beentheredonethat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2005, 8:46 pm

Quote:
Hi, I am new here. I am an undiagnosed aspie with a 6 year old hfa son, and another son who is 4. I am an attorney in estate planning and I also sit as a temporary judge in LA superior court about once a month. I have always been ridiculously inneffective in relationships but I know enough about other things to be called the human encyclopedia by my family and idiot savant by some friends. My fantasy is that someone here will want to talk about baseball, psychology and history. Will someone please ask me a question about the World Series!! !

I watch this forum pretty regularly.

Anyone with Aspi kids is probably interested in psychology. Love history too...my family hates it.

What field of history?

Beentheredonethat
RES

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2005, 12:23 am

I want to be a lawyer out of college, do you find its hard with social problems to be a lawyer???

Vote for me in 2020 :-D

thornhill
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Nov 2005, 9:06 pm

Hi, Sorry it took me so long to get back here. I have excuses but...
Anyhow, the question on the 1919 Blacksox is too easy. I need to be challenged, like who pitched game one at Redland Field in Cincinnatti that year. Gotta dig deep on it. As far as history, I love American, (the presidential elections, wars, all 20th century)European (especially the wars, British empire and Roman Empire), and Chinese.

thornhill
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Nov 2005, 9:14 pm

Hi, regarding social issues as a lawyer, I find myself having to struggle to try to maintain the social aspect. I am uncomfortable attending attorney events, but I enjoy the one on one with each client. In trying to create a relationship I have trained myself to try to find subjects of interest to the other person that I am conversant in and sticking to it. When I find someone interested in one of my Aspie areas I have to try to contain myself and not go overboard talking about it. I imagine other Aspies have the same challenge.

Oleg
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Dec 2005, 10:04 pm

I dunno much about baseball, meaning I know very little about it. All I know is that in one movie Michael Jordan was a baseball player.