Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

hidoko
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Nov 2005, 9:13 pm

I've had terrible nightmares in the middle of the night. I often wake up from them in fear, wanting to scream but being unable to. Sometimes I don't even remember what the nightmares were, but yesterday it was very vivid and I couldn't go back to sleep because I was so scared. :?

Do any of you have nightmares like this, too? Tell me I'm not alone. :cry:

CDRhom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Nov 2005, 9:25 pm

No, you are not alone. I also have horrendous nightmares.

Do you have someone, or a favorite stuffed animal or something to snuggle/stroke for when this happens? If not how do you (or anyone else who reads this) handle the situation?

:?

hidoko
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Nov 2005, 10:36 am

CDRhom wrote:
No, you are not alone. I also have horrendous nightmares.

Do you have someone, or a favorite stuffed animal or something to snuggle/stroke for when this happens? If not how do you (or anyone else who reads this) handle the situation?

:?

It's good to hear that I'm not the only one.

I have a stuffed clown, but he doesn't really help in my dreams, considering how he's third dimensional and all. It's the state of unconscioiusness that I'm scared of returning to.

I don't know how to handle it. I had a terrible nightmare very recently (although I have them quite a bit, this was the worst), that's why I asked. It has messed up my sleep patterns pretty badly. :(

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2005, 9:04 pm

My nightmares seem directly correlated with stress. Thankfully, HUGE stressors aren't as frequent. So I don't often get nightmares. But I've had a few doozies in the past. Especially in times of fever.

Sometimes I do get those creepymares. Explanation: Not techincally a nightmare but you wake up in the middle of the night and just feel very alone and frightened and it wasn't anything but a feeling from your dream and not actually the storyline. Sometimes I hate those more. The ones where you wake and feel so alone that you start to question your sanity. Like the aura of the dream has followed you out of sleep and you just can't get away from it...

*shudders*

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Ladysmokeater
Veteran
Veteran

Location: North of Atlanta, South of Boston, East of the Mississippi, and West of the Atlantic

15 Nov 2005, 7:13 pm

I'm prone to dreadfuly realistic nightmares that leave me not wanting to go back to sleep. I have had some so bad that I didnt sleep for a day or two because I didnt want another reoccurance. I saw a DR about it and all he wanted to do was give me sleeping pills.
I have found since, that avoiding weird foods just before bed, and managing my stress levels seems to help ALOT.
You arent the only one that has nightmares. Oh and not watching scary movies, those really cause me to have bad dreams...

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2005, 7:26 pm

This only happens maybe once every couple of months on average but has happened twice in the last two months. I will wake up from a dream which isn't even nessessarily scary and feel totally creeped out and need to have the light on for a bit (I usually just go inot the bathroom and multitask by satisfying my need for light while dealing with my t.w.b- short for teeny weenie bladder to you noncools). Times like those, waking up from dreams like that, are one of very few times it really sucks for me to be living alone. Ok, so I have the cat, but honestly, he's less than fourteen pounds. I want someone who can talk and beat the s**t out of anyone who might be hidden in a closet waiting to kill me.

hidoko
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Nov 2005, 12:13 am

Sophist wrote:
Sometimes I hate those more. The ones where you wake and feel so alone that you start to question your sanity. Like the aura of the dream has followed you out of sleep and you just can't get away from it...

I know. I have that quite a bit, too. These few days, I've been gritting my teeth a lot (probably an indicator of stress) and also having tension headaches. I keep having these dreams where the aura seems to follow me for days - and it really, really sucks.

Plus, my teeth are aching pretty badly and I don't sleep well, which makes the stress worse. :?

Mithrandir
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2005, 1:59 am

Have you ever tried looking at the horizon while you dream?
I hear that your dream changes.

For me, I try to have the same dream again (especially during daylight) and then think of how to solve it.

One time I was the monster :twisted: