Supernanny- Family with Autistic boy.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Soma
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Nov 2005, 4:33 am

I've just seen an episode where a family had an autistic boy and I was disgusted at the level of care (or lack of) shown by both parents towards their boy, and their other twin girls. But the autism segment of it all really twanged at my heartstrings.

Eg. When 3 yr old Tristan was mucking up at the dinner table, not any-more severe than any NT 3 yr old, in my personal opinion, he was scolded, slapped, and he was kept isolated from the other members of the family, and they chose not to include him in conversation. Whe he escaped from the table, they just picked him back up, kicking and screaming, plopped him back onto his seat, and scolded him again.

I was wondering if any other members/guests had seen this episode and wanted to share thoughts.

Henry David Thoureau, 1854

berta
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Nov 2005, 5:31 am

is it the same show as "Nanny 911"?

sandra3
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Nov 2005, 8:08 am

i think its the one with nanny deb, sounds like those were horrible parents ont that episode. i hope they finally knew what they were doing was wrong.

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2005, 8:09 am

there was already a thread made for this: http://wrongplanet.net/modules.php?name ... pic&t=7168

Soma
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Nov 2005, 12:35 am

Sorry!

Henry David Thoureau, 1854