no one wants to listen...i don't blame them

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

treeheart
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Sep 2008, 8:52 am

it is rather horrbile.

my mouth just runs and it USED TO be alot worse than it is now.

but i have found that what i say is not even appretiated even at home... 8O at least when i have something interesting to say...

so i have become much more self-concious...and uncomforatable about even opening my mouth....and not even wanting to use it.

but the problem is that when at school i dont't talk to anyone untill i get home then i want to talk...
but most of the time i wish i could just keep my mouth shut...because my parents won't want to listen to what i have to say and neither dose anyone on school.

i'm in a bind...and trying to control my mouth...
and sometimes i wish i would just turn it off. :?

its alright if no one answers back...i just wanted to get it out.

Jenk
Toucan
Toucan

05 Sep 2008, 12:44 pm

:D tell me about it. Mine sometimes start laughing mid speil and I just carry on. I know my mother doesn't care, but I feel what I have to say is imperitive to her well-being, I always hope she'll be just a little interested in what I have to say. Alas, this scarcely occurs.
I do it on here as well, promised myself I wouldn't post until I absolutely have to, though the compulsion to communicate, even jargon is too elluring!

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2008, 12:55 pm

awh im sorry hun.. i would let you talk to me :)

intense
Toucan
Toucan

06 Sep 2008, 5:25 am

I have great sympathy with you on this I get ignored all the time even if I have something helpful or interesting to say people just don't want to know, even here on WP I get ignored, people post away all around me talking to each other but not to me. I have been posting on WP for months now and apart from one really great person I have not really made a connection with anyone. It's starting to feel like I don't even fit in around here and I can't help thinking to myself “if I don't fit in here there really is nowhere left”.

In the months I’ve been posting on WP I have had one friendly discussion and one argument, all of my jokes have been ignored (maybe I have a crap sense of humour? 8O ) I guess I should have expected as much as it's just the same for me in real life.
I'm not an attention seeker and I don't whine about stuff (with the possible exception of this post) but it does seem very cliquey around here you get the same people conversing with each other and they are never interested in what I post, is there any point being here? I came here to talk to people like me and I just end up talking to myself.

Anyway treeheart I would love to talk to you.

treeheart

06 Sep 2008, 8:37 am

well....
it is more that i get ignored at school at the time...
and when i get home when i talk to my parents it seems like they get irritated.

and i know how you feel about being ignored on wp.

well..you've been on more friendly discussions than me. :D
and i've been on here longer.

aspergian_mutant
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 8:47 am

thats ok, I know how you feel, hardly anyone listens to me either..........

treeheart

06 Sep 2008, 9:13 am

i wonder why that is....

how and why people dont want to listen to us... :(
in a way it must make sense...
but for an aspie it can be rather confusing trying to think of it in a nt way... 8O

perhaps here is something that will clarify.

it could possiblely be because of our social skills...
and somehting about that in a way.

but then it could be apart of the way we are different...the things we do with our hands and the way we use gestures...i've discovered that it can be similar for aspies.

and then i just thought....it could beause of our obsesisons...we want to always talk about it...
and as much as it hurts i try not to talk about it all the time and i hav partially learned to stop myself saying "they don't want to hear about it"

but then if we don't talk about our obsessions much around people then how do we get labeled off as ignorable worthy?

it could be because of other things...how we postiion ourselfs when we walk or choose to sit or what we wear or how we move [like the gesture-thing]. or it could be perhaps we don't engage in regular conversations...
and when we do have something to say no one listens...,

kind of like politics when a dark horse politician has something to say and wants to get it on national news they don't because they arn't one of those outgoing politicians...

[i've been watching too much news] :)

but if it is because of none of that...then it must be the timing of when we choose to talk and then what we choose to talk about [besides our obsessions] and then later when we have something to say we don't have their attentions....
or perhaps it is what we talk about and how we say it...if it puts people off or weather it is appropriate or just a really mis-placed joke [like mine tend to be].

but then if it is none of this in have no idea what it is....
what do you think?

intense
Toucan
Toucan

06 Sep 2008, 11:53 am

treeheart wrote:
but then if it is none of this in have no idea what it is....
what do you think?
I have gone through all the exact same thoughts you've described and I just don't know what it could be either :( The sad thing is I am a really nice person it just seems people rarely give me the chance to engage with them in conversation, I often feel like I'm ignored or dismissed before I've even had a chance.
I agree it is very likely to be because of my AS but can it come across even on a forum? When I read my posts back I can't see why I get ignored at all.

treeheart

06 Sep 2008, 12:21 pm

i don't think things like that can come across in a fourm...
but it could be that some questions or rants could be hard for others to answer.
i've had that

and being dismissed before even speaking...i've had that too...
and i don't know how to work around it.

i guess that is just apart of being who we are...but even then i am not sure.

intense
Toucan
Toucan

06 Sep 2008, 12:43 pm

treeheart wrote:
i don't think things like that can come across in a fourm...
but it could be that some questions or rants could be hard for others to answer.
i've had that

and being dismissed before even speaking...i've had that too...
and i don't know how to work around it.

i guess that is just apart of being who we are...but even then i am not sure.
I agree, I do try and keep my rants to a bare minimum, I don't think I've actually had a rant here.....yet, but then again I normally keep my feelings/problems to myself so I don't think I've really ranted on any forum.

treeheart

06 Sep 2008, 12:54 pm

i do that too...

my logic is...if they don't want to hear what i've got to say they won't want to hear my problems unless it concerns them.

i do love a good rant on my fav. topics...:)
it is great!

[when i can get them that is]