Page 2 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2008, 2:48 pm

Being totally alone in the world is a very painful experience. Spending time alone and knowing you have people if you want / need them is a completely different experience.

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2008, 2:50 pm

I have my family and some close friends and thats fine with me. I prefer "alone time" but the idea of being truly alone with no one around is scary. But as far as big social groups are concerned, unless its a club made up of others that have something huge in common with me, I have no use for those.

AGMorehouse
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Sep 2008, 7:23 pm

Being alone is okay for me sometimes. When I read something or when I am doing something that I like, I prefer being alone. However, right now I yearn for a chance to be in a relationship, and it sometimes gets depressing when you can't be able to socialize. If anything, if you make mistakes, you gotta keep moving forward and learn through experience, I think socializing can help. I do have some friends (and there friendships have grown with me over the past couple of months), and I'll admit, for me, personally, it's no fun without friends.

you will jouney from boy to man

Loborojo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 12:09 am

I don't know if I am a loner, but my attitude and way of life makes me a loner I guess. When you roam the world like me, it is hard to make everlasting contacts. Even some friends that I happen to see when I passing through my native country, don't stay in touch by email as often as they promised too.
I don't like so much being alone and yet when I am with people I think I cannot connect so easily or only on the surface and then surely I say things of which I haven no idea that they upset people and so in the end they don't want to see me again.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 3:06 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azuxnVHcVQc[/youtube]

kitsunetsuki
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Sep 2008, 4:10 am

I am content with the relatively small circle of friends I have , which is three. I have one female friend I can talk with , My ex husband (we will probably remarry soon) and an online friend. I have my kids and of course my dad and some other family members who I can be around if I want. I like my mom but I tend to think she is a bit crazy, and she is on a religion obsession at the moment so doesn't have time for anyone but God.
I like having alone time, I would be sad to be completely alone.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 4:13 am

Yes.

Sky
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Sep 2008, 11:32 am

Greentea wrote:
Being totally alone in the world is a very painful experience. Spending time alone and knowing you have people if you want / need them is a completely different experience.

That's a very good distinction.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 11:41 am

Thank you, Sky. I know the difference because I'm alone in the world, no friends or relatives interested in staying in touch.

Rainstorm5
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 1:54 pm

I think I've only been 'truly' alone once in my life (for about 8 months) and it sucked. I spend most of my day alone (while working, etc) but eventually I get bored and need people to talk to.

Brandon-J
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 5:46 pm

I want to not be alone but it's easier said than done, Most of the time im alone because im afraid of embarrassing myself. Once you take that afraidness out of you and replace it with confidence then being with other people isn't as hard.

patternist
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 5:54 pm

It's good for about 3 weeks. That's the point at which I seek out my mom.

demoluca
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 6:10 pm

Very.

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 7:25 pm

I love nothing more than to be a semi-reclusive comic artist.

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 7:26 pm

I love nothing more than to be a semi-reclusive comic artist. I am tired of dealing with stupid customers, drivers, stupid people in general.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2008, 7:12 pm

I have 4 friends since I have gone off to college, but I do want a girlfriend as well.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!