Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

AbominableSnoCone
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2005, 10:13 am

Just because you are not made into a moderator does not mean you are unappreciated GH

eyeenteepee
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Nov 2005, 10:33 am

I sympathise with you GH for feeling left out and ignored, but I am also amused that you have such a desire to be a mod.

I had to stop being a mod on Another Forum after a few short months. You soon get fed up with the thankless task of cleaning up other peoples mess, trying to keep everyone friendly and polite, managing the site, etc. The worst aspect of all was getting abuse from regular members because they felt you weren't doing your job correctly or putting in enough effort. So, if you really want to be a mod, making abusive posts to hard-working types like Vivi et al, is really not going to help your cause.

With all respect, if you just want to let off some steam, then maybe you could find more constructive ways of doing it other than insulting people?

The reason I posted this here rather than in a PM is simple, the moderators all deserve a lot of respect for doing an important but frequently invisible job and some of us should point that out because they're too modest to do it for themselves.

danlo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2005, 11:29 pm

Ghosthunter, quit being so melodramatic. So you didn't make moderator. What's the big deal? I must say, you aren't proving your suitability for moderator status with the way you are behaving. As for the censorship problem, well, it's necessary. Where would we be if we didn't have an enforced set of rules and acceptable behavior? I'm sure you see yourself as the victim of wrongful enforcement. Perhaps you are. But what I'm also sure of, is that Vetivert only does things for a reason. She must have seen some legitimate reason why your post should have been censored. I can't say who was right or wrong, I don't really care. Just don't take it to heart, don't take it as an attack against you. It isn't.

Let the past problems die and just forget about them. Being a moderator is not the be all and end all. We're a community, first and foremost. Get on with being a respected and well liked member of WrongPlanet.

BlackLiger
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2005, 7:33 am

GH, do you REALLY want more stress in your life? Since becoming a mod, my stress levels have nearly trippled. Believe me, even just debating site policy is hard work....