I am Male and like make-up 4%  4%  [ 7 ]
I am Male and don't like make-up 9%  9%  [ 16 ]
I am Male and don't like make-up 9%  9%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 178

TheOrangeMage
Toucan
Toucan

15 Nov 2005, 4:13 pm

Inspired by a post in the Appearnaces thread, pick your choice and write something about it if you wish!

I frankly find minimal/no make-up much more attractive than what most girls use. A natural face just seems prettier and friendlier than an over-tanned eye-shadowed-to-death stick figure. :roll:

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2005, 4:38 pm

i LOVE makeup. just really natural makeup, like mascara and a little eyeliner and stuff. when i'm in the mood i'll wear eyeshadow, and with a certain technique, but i'm really particular with how it looks. i already have really distinct features so i don't need a ton of makeup, just eyeshadow worn like eyeliner on the top and bottom @ most!

plus, if it's too much, it's really annoying. i don't have the time to worry about it!

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2005, 4:55 pm

I hate the tactile sensation of any makeup but eye makup, and apparently eye makeup makes me look like a hooker (I know this is the teen forum and not the mature forum, but that was what I was told, and it CAN happen if you overdo it- I didn't look like Mimi from the Drew Carrey show or anything- at worst, like a raccoon, but whatever) so I don't use anything but chapstick any more.

hecate
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2005, 5:00 pm

i feel much more confident when i wear make-up. most days i use eye-brow pencil (to make my brows look darker) and pink lipstick.

on special occasions i put eye-shadow on. any eye make-up that i use has to be allergy-free otherwise i get watery / itchy eyes.

i can't be bothered with nail varnish though. when i have tried to paint my nails i end up making a mess. and it smells horrible too.

ghotistix
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2005, 5:19 pm

Is that a Mortal Kombat reference I've spotted? It is, isn't it?! *thumbs up*

On topic: I don't like the look of makeup on girls (not to say it's any better on guys 8O ). There's just no appeal in it for me. Subtle effects add nothing to attractiveness, and a lot of makeup just ruins everything.

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2005, 8:04 pm

The other girls at school look like raccoons. And makeup feels like peanut butter. :x

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2005, 8:26 pm

I LOOOOOOOVE make-up.I feel more confortable in public when I wear make-up.I wear gothic-type make-up but I do NOT wear black lipstick,I promise!

-SpaceCase :)

sandra3
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Nov 2005, 9:10 pm

sometimes i wear make-up

Mockingbird
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2005, 9:47 pm

I like makeup lots, but I only wear it usually out to somewhere(ie, church, the mall, not to the grocery store, etc.) I have very large intensely magnetic eyes(kinda like 8O lol) so I usually just use mascara, concealer and lip gloss, with a little lip gloss on my eyelids.

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2005, 9:11 am

I don't wear much makeup, except for occasionally lip gloss and a little bit of eye colour. And if you count chapstick, but I'm not really sure that's makeup. ;)

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2005, 3:28 pm

Mockingbird wrote:
I like makeup lots, but I only wear it usually out to somewhere(ie, church, the mall, not to the grocery store, etc.) I have very large intensely magnetic eyes(kinda like 8O lol) so I usually just use mascara, concealer and lip gloss, with a little lip gloss on my eyelids.

yeah, my eyes are really similar, so i just put a bit of eyeliner on my bottom lid, mascara on both top and bottom lashes (i have really dark eyelashes already though, it just curls them), and i'll put white eyeshadow in the inner corners of my eyes so my eyes don't look as closed up. it takes about 2 seconds to do too! in a moving vehicle usually :)

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2005, 3:33 pm

It depends on the girl and how much they use for me, though I defentially dont like the Mimi style that some girls have.

Vote for me in 2020 :-D

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2005, 10:13 pm

It depends on how much and the person. I'd wear make up if I could get away with it. :P

Quintucket
Toucan
Toucan

16 Nov 2005, 10:17 pm

Endersdragon wrote:
It depends on the girl and how much they use for me, though I defentially dont like the Mimi style that some girls have.

If I can tell that a girl is wearing makeup, I flinch.
It really does make them look like prostitutes.
When I went to New York last weekend, my cousin was wearing way too much eye-shadow.
I really had trouble restraining myself from pointing that out to her. When you consider that her hair was also dyed an unnatural shade of blond and her roots were showing as well. . .

If I were female I could get away with pointing such things out. But I'm not, so I just inwardly flinch.

"The difference between genius and idiocy is that genius has limits." -Albert Einstein

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2005, 10:35 pm

Quintucket wrote:
Endersdragon wrote:

If I can tell that a girl is wearing makeup, I flinch.
It really does make them look like prostitutes.
When I went to New York last weekend, my cousin was wearing way too much eye-shadow.
I really had trouble restraining myself from pointing that out to her. When you consider that her hair was also dyed an unnatural shade of blond and her roots were showing as well. . .

If I were female I could get away with pointing such things out. But I'm not, so I just inwardly flinch.

hmm... if she thinks she looks good, i'd just let her believe that. blondes shouldn't wear much makeup anyway, their hair stands out enough!

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2005, 12:39 am

I'm just glad that, unlike the Egyptians, guys wearing makeup is frowned upon here. I think that sunscreen is bad enough. Soap sucks too, but at least I can wash it off immediately.

As for girls wearing makeup, I'd refer they didn't bother.