Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

nightchild
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Sep 2008, 9:05 am

I posted a few months back about a deserved promotion I was not given at a job I had worked at for four years. Anyhow, after that I formally accused them of discrimiation because they knew I had Asperger and I was the most qualified for the job. My psychologist warned me that they would retaliate, but I knew it was not right and if they treated me like that, they were going to do it to others. The shrink was right. They are taking my benefits away on a ridiculous charge and terminating me in two months. I found a good lawyer who is probably going to take the case on discrimination and retaliation. I am very upset because I need my health benefits desperately. But I am determined to fight. This happened to me at another job and in school and I am tired of bullies walking all over me all my life. I do good work that they take advantage of and when I stand up for myself they don't like it and accuse me of having a "bad attitiude". I have another job offer but it is still very scary. But reading about everybody here gives me inspiration.

kbergren21
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Sep 2008, 8:16 pm

Know the feeling! I told a flightmate about my AS a long time ago... Somehow the word got out to my commander and they kicked me out of flight training days before graduation! Now Im just a mindless corporate drone in a military civil engineering squadron whose leadership has no idea how things operate. It was either except the lame job or pay back $30k in scholarships. Anyways, if all else fails try the Better Businesses Bureau or a letter to your state or local congressman couldn't hurt... (At least it may give the duschebag company some bad rep) The experience led me to a new goal in life to earn and invest enough money to be financially independent and be my own boss.

Kelsi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Sep 2008, 8:40 am

Good luck nightchild, I hope you end up getting a massive compensation payout! Stay strong.