Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

atxa
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Sep 2008, 10:36 pm

I'm suffering from social anxiety and/or social phobia since almost 5 years, how can I recover from that ?

Ledvia
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Sep 2008, 1:12 am

there was a time when i wouldn't leave my house....but i had therapy and i can leave my house now....does that help any?

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

16 Sep 2008, 3:18 am

atxa wrote:
I'm suffering from social anxiety and/or social phobia since almost 5 years, how can I recover from that ?

Unfortunately there's no cure. Pills won't help. Drinking only makes it worse. This has been my situation. It also doesn't get any better with age. The most you can do is go out and "practice" on cashiers that ring up your orders. If they ask "how are you?" or "how was your day?" (while they mean well they don't give a crap) but you can use that as a good opportunity for limited socializing. Believe it or not you feel a little better afterwards.

I also recommend Second Life as an alternative to face-to-face socializing. www.secondlife.com

If these help then you'll have some balance, and that's at least better than nothing.

The former things have passed away."