Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2008, 12:45 am

I am going to go on a diet as from Monday. I hope I can finally lose the weight I want to lose- I put on a stone (14 pounds, or 7kg) on Celexa and I have managed to lose half of that so far through exercise, but it has taken months just to lose a little weight. So I am going to do the following over about 3 weeks:

Eat fruit, vegetables and nuts/seeds (raw) only for most of the day, and then have what would be the normal dinner (usually curry and rice and some sort of meat).

I hope I can manage to lose the weight( 3kgs,or 6 pounds)- I am worried I have sort of plateaued with the weight loss.

It will be a kind of detox in a way, I have never done anything like this before and it will be interesting to see what happens.

Taking a break.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2008, 5:37 am

That sounds like a good plan.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2008, 1:04 pm

Sounds just what I eat (and I'm a size 8 UK, so pretty slim and healthy).

You might be interested in this (even just read the summary) - basically, eating throughout the day rather than in big meals is the best way to keep your metabolism stable and your weight down. Always worked for me anyway. ;)
http://www.truthpublishing.com/timingdi ... t21321.htm

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2008, 2:35 pm

Thanks, Tim Tex, LeKiwi. Yes I will be eating frequent, small meals instead of the 3 meals a day I usually try and eat, I say try because I always eat stuff outside these times anyway.

This diet will be especially odd because I will be free of refined sugar, gluten and dairy for a few weeks.
I'm sure my body will be thinking "WTF?" Ive been wondering lately whether I should get rid of dairy anyway, I think it makes my nose run. So, looking forward to this experiment.

Taking a break.

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2008, 2:43 pm

Do you want a dairy-free buddy? I've been thinking I'm going to do the same thing starting this weekend - I'm sure I've got an intolerence, it's just getting the motivation to cut it out of my diet. So I'm going to use up all the yoghurt in my fridge and then not buy any more for a few weeks. I cut out gluten recently and have never felt better, so hopefully this'll be the icing on the cake. So to speak.

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2008, 3:21 pm

Ok. I wont be giving up till Monday though... but it would be good to see how someone else is going too.

I usually dont eat refined sugar anyway, as i am hypoglycaemic. I expect to feel a lot better without the dairy.

Taking a break.

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2008, 3:42 pm

Cool, well Monday shall be it for me, too. Not sure how my partner will cope with me not buying any cheese though - he'll have to get his own I think!! ;)

I don't eat anything sugary either - I quit that about two years ago and never looked back. It makes me feel ill now if I have anything to sweet, I hate it. I eat a mostly pretty healthy diet - nuts, seeds, fruit, veges, eggs, and a bit of meat would sum it up nicely. :)

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2008, 3:49 pm

Sounds great. I unfortunately have a monster sweet tooth. The Celexa made me into a chocolate-consuming machine. I just want things back to 'normal' again, though we are talking me here, and normal usually doesnt come into it.

Anyway just 2 days to go!

Taking a break.

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2008, 4:23 pm

Lol, yes, 'normal'... that strange and wonderful thing. Let us know how it goes - right now I'm going to enjoy a big bowl of yoghurt since I'll be off it soon!

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2008, 10:01 pm

Ok. then. I will keep a bit of a diet blog here. I will write the first bit of it on Monday night, to review my first day.

Taking a break.

rjay09
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Sep 2008, 3:07 pm

This diet is rjay09 approved. :lol:

Good luck on the weight loss! :) Only advice I have is make sure you get your calcium and track your nut intake - nuts and oils are awesome, but are *very* calorie dense! I was plateaued at 230 for a month, but then dropped 20lbs fast (well, in about a month and a half) once I started measuring my olive oil and nut intake.

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2008, 3:25 pm

Simple solution for me - water. Drink a glass of water before a meal or snack. In the past nine months, I've lost almost 70 pounds by staying hydrated, keeping my metabolism working, and leaving less caloric space in my stomach.

M

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2008, 10:18 pm

Well thanks both of you. I do need to drink more water, and also stop eating so much peanut butter, I think it has contributed to me not losing weight.

Very excited right now, I have bought all the ingredients for the diet and can't wait to start making fruit smoothies and vegetable caseroles from my detox cookbook...

C
~

Taking a break.

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2008, 4:40 pm

Diet Progress Report:

I kind of cheated and started yesterday because I couldnt wait to make the fruit smoothie. I made it out of apple, mixed berries and one kiwifruit. I'm not sure it was such a good choice of fruits because it seemed really rich and sugary and after I had finished it I felt like I had been injected with sugar. I could hardly move for at least an hour and my mind felt like it was full of glue.

Had no gluten or dairy or refined sugar for the rest of the day anyway. Suddenly things like bread and wheat crackers seemed incredibly appealing and forbidden, and I was craving chocolate a lot too.

So now it is the second morning. I just made the smoothie again but this time I left the kiwifruit out and I dont feel sugar-filled and tired now so, I am happy with that.

An odd thing I have noticed since yesterday is this feeling that my stomach is empty but I dont feel the need to eat to fill it, as if my body has enough energy. Weird. Usually an empty stomach for me comes with an intense hunger and need to fill it.

Anyway I am now going to make a lentil and squash casserole.

Taking a break.

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2008, 9:36 pm

Diet Blog II.

Well, diet is going well. Lentil and vegetable casserole yesterday was very nice, and I havent had any forbidden foods. I have to wait to see hardcore progress, but I have lost 1 pound since Sunday! I know that is only like a block of butter, but still it is a good beginning. :)

Taking a break.

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2008, 11:17 pm

Diet Blog: Day 4.

Well I have just finished cooking this vegetarian shepherd's pie thing with a sweet potato top. I am completely exhausted by the sheer labour-intensiveness of it- all that chopping and peeling, and cutting up that cumbersome squash. Took me 1.5 hours!

Anyway it is cooling now and I don't want to see it again for a while, Ive had enough of it for one afternoon 8O

Still feeling I have a lot more energy from eating so many fruits and vegetables. Am considering becoming a vegetarian. Wish I had someone to cut them for me though!

Taking a break.