Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Anonymous_Aspie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Nov 2005, 2:21 am

The spelling and grammar are flawless! Thought is put into subject headers!

Really though, the short version of a long story detailing my arrival here is: I've been an aspie all my life (of course) but went undiagnosed until a few years ago. I'm currently 20 and for the last few years it would be fair to say I've been in massive denial. Of course the fact is there's no good way for me to argue the diagnostic criteria that so closely match and explain the bulk of my emotional personality. That said...I've (somewhat) come to terms with the reality of my so called "disorder", and after googling "aspergers forums" I arrived here (google never lies). Truth is, I wanted to believe I could overcome this disorder without help, but I surrender. I think that being a part of a community of individuals like myself is probably the first and best thing I've done to help myself.

So...hello everybody!

-AA

lowfreq50
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2005, 2:56 am

Hello and welcome to WP!

Actually, quiet a few people here are poor at grammar and spelling. Sometimes I'm one of them.

It's called Wrong Planet but you could say this is, in fact, the Right Planet for folks like us.

LF50

eyeenteepee
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Nov 2005, 3:44 am

Hello! :)

Welcome to WrongPlanet!

Our spelling and grammar isn't always perfect. However, there is a distinct lack of text speak and other abominations of the beautiful English language.
Many of us spend more time reviewing our posts than actually writing them. If that's your thing, then you have come to the right place my friend.

Welcome to the community. I've found WrongPlanet to be immensely helpful; I hope you get just as much out of it as I have.

hecate
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2005, 6:30 am

hi! :D

i try to avoid using capital letters because if i intentionally make punctuation / grammatical errors it helps me to resist over-checking what i've typed. :oops: i relate to your feelings of denial too. :)

ramsamsam
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Nov 2005, 7:41 am

May I note I apparently am mildly Dyslexic so it is likely that you'll see typing errors with me.
I feel pathos for you about the frustration you feel at those who's intention is to illegible.
I'm only acerbic as I cannot grasp the fundamentals of 'text speak'.

Any way enjoy your self.

sandra3
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Nov 2005, 8:55 am

dont worry we'll help you over come this, and you'll feel better about it when you do. you should have to hide it. welcome to wp.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2005, 9:51 am

Hi!

Welcome to Wrongplanet!

I am a member of this forum who has just returned from a leave of absence. My name is Jason Larsen by the way. I had trouble expressing my thoughts into words, but I am having no trouble now.

So, it's my understanding that you've been an aspie all your life, and you just now realized it. Unlike some of these other people here, I am a perfectionist when it comes to spelling and grammar.

I'm glad you found us, and I hope you contribute more to Wrongplanet soon.

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2005, 12:25 am

Why are you anonymous if your in the right place :-/

Vote for me in 2020 :-D

Twitch
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Nov 2005, 1:27 pm

Welcome! I'm Steve also known as Twitch.

My grammer isn't the best, nor is my spelling but I try! I write better than I talk and I read better than I write. But I talk better than most people I know, because I cannot grasp ebonics. English gives me enough to have to remember! And I respect the language.

I knew I was in the right place too. I know that everytime I come to a forum like this. It's just the living amongst folk that I see as my own kind. I really do feel alien on this planet!