Glenn Beck wakes up too late regarding Ron Paul

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 11:29 pm

oscuria wrote:
Who is Ron Paul? Is he popular?

he's a libertarian/constitutionalist styled old school republican who's into the austrian economic model and so he's been decrying many actions of the congress and president for a while now with regards to overbloated spending and not nearly enough economic self-discipline and more oversight over the federal reserve.

he also believes in non-interventionist policies* and is a very conservative christian. i liked all of his policies except the christian part so i voted for him. afterall, who cares about religion when there needs to be good economic and foreign policy in office!!

*not simply non-war but proper non-interventionist. there difference here being, as an example, the US intervening in the politics of iran in 1953 and overthrowing their government and putting in their own leader is non-war but very interventionist. instead he believes in intervention through economic means and established trade as a means to encourage positive growth in relations between countries.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

archdude
Raven
Raven

27 Sep 2008, 11:40 pm

oscuria wrote:
Who is Ron Paul? Is he popular?

Ron Paul is a (somewhat) libertarian-leaning Republican Congressman form Texas. He ran for President on the Libertarian ticket in 1988, and ran for the Presidential nomination in this year's Republican primary. I would say he's fairly popular among a sizable faction of politically active people, though not necessarily the population as a whole.