Page 2 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2008, 6:44 am

I dont think that Australia has banned that many have they, I dont see much about anything being banned.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2008, 7:24 am

i think "thief" was the darkest game i played.
i liked it and can not find it anymore.

but "evil" is in the intention of the player, and made possible is some games.

sometimes at the end of a level in an rts game when there is no enemies left, but an objective (like moving a general into an area) still has to be completed to end the game , i select all my men by type and line them up on a hill all facing me

i also call in the citizens who so heroically toiled to gather the resources for the victorious effort.

then i thank them for their service and tell them their services are no longer required and i select all of them and press the delete button (not shift delete which is a global kill) over and over until my last unit is killed.
i like to hear their individual sounds of demise.
cannons sound like metal structures crashing down, and humans types of soldiers sound their distinctive death cries as well.

after they are all dead, i move myself (the general) into the scenario end triggering field, and the game is over and i am the ONLY hero.

i used to put my "jelly babies" on trial for their crimes when i was about 5-6. i always found them guilty and i bit their heads off.

there was one game which allowed a very evil train of mind to occur.
i can not remember what it was called, but i want it again. it was a 1st person shooter with an element of problem solving sewn in (an excellent mix). it had great graphics. it was about 5 years ago.

for example, you find items like unopened candy bars as you explore the streets of a city like new york.

you have an inventory which can hold only so many items.
in order to pick up something when your inventory is full, you have to discard something else.
it is like a coat you have with all the pockets filled up.

so i could not see why i needed a candy bar. when i ate one, it gave me 1% heath back.

there are not many candy bars about to be picked up.
they are not useful as health boosters.
hmmm.
i kept one in case i may need it.
i also had pistols and things, but i found a crow bar and picked it up because it is silent.

so i could not get past one problem for a while, which was that my only ingress to the next avenue of exploration was through a brick wall. there was a vending machine there and i explored it inside out and got no result.
i noticed a young boy about 9 who was walking around and scratching his head.
i went to him and asked one of the 5 preset questions i had available to me (if i got it wrong, then he would react and run away and become useless)

so he said he was hungry, and i had a candy bar.
i said i needed to get "over there", and he said the vending machine was a secret door to the other side.
he knew the code.

so now i knew what the candy bar was for and i gave it to him in return for the code.

he turned around and started to unwrap the candy bar and then i remembered my crow bar. i struck him on the back of the head and killed him and the candy bar bounced along the road and i retrieved it and used the code to unlock the machine door and get through.

then i realized i had played a very evil scenario.
it is just a computer and i could never do that in real life, but never the less, the fact i could do it and i got away with it was probably an evil loophole i found in the moral fibre of the game.

it is extremely fun to have games like that.

whenever i get a new 1st person shooter war game (like brothers in arms), the first thing i do is see whether i can shoot my comrades.

usually my crosshair is blocked when i aim at my team.

but some games allow you to actually shoot your allies, and then you really have a problem as they become added enemies.

if you want extreme action in war, try to maximize your enemies.

it makes me laugh.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2008, 7:31 am

houdini splicer
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=whe8xOWjGb8[/youtube]
here are some more moments.
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=ESvgZi8gE3A&feature=related[/youtube]
and some Doom 3 that also scared me.
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=6GyZHvzGcyE[/youtube]

PhR33kY
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Oct 2008, 7:46 am

That room in fort frolic with the disappearing plastered splicers didn't scare you???

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2008, 2:25 pm

PhR33kY wrote:
One of the few games that truly frightened me, at some points, anyway.

The only games that ever scared me were Uninvited and Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth. Shadowgate scared me too when I was little, but that was more of an "omg skeletons" kind of scary.

Then there were games like DOOM and Half-Life, but those were more like "headcrab out of nowhere" kind of scary, which is more startling than fearful.

Fidget wrote:
I got Bioshock for the PC, but my computer's ret*d and won't let me play it!

If you're running Windows 2000, there's a user created patch somewhere that'll let you run it. If not, I can't really help you =/ Time for an upgrade, perhaps?

Bradleigh wrote:
I dont think that Australia has banned that many have they, I dont see much about anything being banned.

I know Phantasmagoria was banned there...that's all I can think of.

b9 wrote:
there was one game which allowed a very evil train of mind to occur.
i can not remember what it was called, but i want it again.

Deus Ex

deathchibi
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2008, 6:34 pm

Bradleigh wrote:

thats because its banned before they release them therfor not need to announce it. -_-

small Banned list:

1.Manhunt 1 and 2 for being stupidly violent
2.Marc Echo's getting up: contents under pressure because of it had street graffiti
3.(i Really wanted to play this one and is mainly banned in australia :evil: ) Dark sector for being slightly violent :roll:
4:Fallout 3 was banned for the fact that you gained health back when you injest morphine

PhR33kY
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Oct 2008, 7:25 pm

deathchibi wrote:
Bradleigh wrote:
4:Fallout 3 was banned for the fact that you gained health back when you injest morphine

WHAT?! REAL wounded soldier use morphine in the field, yet they are going to prohibit that realistic bit?

Your government is full of jerks!

RogueProcess
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Oct 2008, 12:01 am

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Dead Space yet - that game looks absolutely AWESOME!! Gotta love the concept of tactical dismemberment :D

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2008, 3:48 pm

deathchibi wrote:

From the reviews I've read, it sounds like they did you a favor @_@

bbqplatypus
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Oct 2008, 4:39 pm

I actually don't know too much about horror games. I've only played Resident Evil 4 and the first two Silent Hill games. Of the three, I'd say the Silent Hill ones had a more unique atmosphere (with the second one being better than the first). Again, I'm far from an expert, though.

1. Never underestimate your opponent. Expect the unexpected.
2. Take it outside.
3. Be nice.

And always remember: pain don't hurt.

RIP Patrick Swayze (1952-2009)

Xanderbeanz
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2008, 5:14 pm

sweet home by capcom pretty much started the whole genre, and the 8 bit diminished music is incredibly unsettling in a way an orchestral soundtrack could never be.

oh, and splatterhouse is always good for a laugh, smacking ghouls into walls with a baseball bat :) x