Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 2:26 am

Yes, the sleeping in is nice, but the extreme boredom is awful. I'm tired of watching TV and playing video games at home, but can't think of anything else to do or excuses to go anywhere.

Avaricejx
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Sep 2008, 3:30 am

I'd rather be extremely bored at home than extremely bored at my job.

cazzie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Sep 2008, 5:23 am

yeah i'm fed up off weekends nothing to do or i neave no what to do, i do like playing on my nintedo wii i get very board so eat and i hate it i dont have any friends near home so it hard i dont like going out to clubs and stuff like that.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 9:42 pm

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

NJwlss
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Sep 2008, 9:56 pm

A Saturday/Sunday class can make it feel like a shorter weekeend. I hate weekends too, but i lessen the burden with a Sunday class this semester. And Saturdays usually have absolutely nothing on TV until MadTV/SNL.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2008, 1:36 am

nope l;ove them along with mondays and tuesdays

Manders
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2008, 4:25 am

I don't particularly enjoy weekends. They throw off my weekday groove.

Myles17
Raven
Raven

29 Sep 2008, 7:35 am

I can't stand them because my stepdad and my stepsister are home all day long. It throws my routine off because everyone gets in my way. I'd rather just hide in my room than deal with it :x

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2008, 11:22 am

I like the weekends its weekdays i don't like.

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2008, 4:11 pm

So would you prefer to be at work?

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2008, 4:15 pm

I have gone into work voluntarily in the past on a couple weekends.

Weekends are just depressing for the most part. I sit around the house by myself because I can't think of anything better to do. I don't really have any friends to hang out with and my family is always busy and don't invite me to hang out in their various circles so I usually just get depressed. Like I said, I get to sleep in, but that's about the only thing worth looking forward to on weekends.

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2008, 5:58 pm

Bataar wrote:
I have gone into work voluntarily in the past on a couple weekends.

Weekends are just depressing for the most part. I sit around the house by myself because I can't think of anything better to do. I don't really have any friends to hang out with and my family is always busy and don't invite me to hang out in their various circles so I usually just get depressed. Like I said, I get to sleep in, but that's about the only thing worth looking forward to on weekends.

My weekends are sort of like that too, but I find my job kind of boring. Even if I didn't, I'd want to diversify my life beyond work.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2008, 10:58 pm

I love weekends because I get to do what I want instead of what my boss wants.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2008, 12:24 am

freakn on the weekn

PrisonerSix
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2008, 9:56 am

Greentea wrote:
I love weekends because I get to do what I want instead of what my boss wants.

Me too! I can engage in my hobbies, like being on the 'net and ham radio. I also like watching Dr. Who or other SF DVDs on weekends, or British Sitcoms. Weekends are a nice time for me I guess. For those who don't like time off, get some hobbies so you can enjoy your time off more.

I used to dislike summertime when I was growing up. The reasons included the heat and humidity, and the fact that I wasn't allowed to do the things I liked, I was forced to do what my sister did. I still dislike the heat, so I just stay in and take it easy.

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2008, 11:45 am

I used to hate weekends because they were the (flunked) test of my social success. Ever since I haven't had social success expectations from myself, and since I work for a living and not because it's my hobby, I enjoy the freedom of the weekend. I can smoke when I please rather than during the breaks; I can be my Aspie self and not fret about being found out. I can wear something comfortable and comforting instead of work clothes. I can go out or stay in as I please, move around instead of being stuck in one place till the clock lets me go. I can daydream without having to force myself back to reality.