Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2008, 1:48 am

Whats with all the jerkls on Cold case? Specially the large guy, he seems to have something hateful to say about every type of group of person every 5 minutes.

Also if anyone shows any type of understanding or knowlege not connected with work, coworjkers demand to know the source of this, not ask, demand.

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2008, 2:27 am

it's a stoopid show. but a lot of the time, there's nothing else on.

Owendust
Raven
Raven

01 Oct 2008, 8:51 pm

It's not just the characters on Cold Case that are jerks.

I work in special effects and about 2 years ago, I made a corpse for them. It was supposed to be an old man, who was murdered in a mine shaft, who's body was naturally mummified after a cave-in. I carefully packed it in a huge box and shipped it to them as a rental. When I got it back, the delivery guy handed me a small box that couldn't possibly hold a full-size human corpse.

When I opened the box, I just saw the loose bones of the plastic skeleton that I'd put together and used as a frame, along with the torn-off pieces of the latex skin that I'd worked hard to cover it with. Now keep in mind that this was just a rental and, as such, I was supposed to get it back in the same condition I'd shipped it out in.

Apparently, the prop master and the art director argued about what they wanted the corpse to look like and one of them ended up ripping off the latex skin, that I'd spent hours working on, and then just aged the bones. I was pissed, but my boss is a bit of an old hippy, so he just let it go.

Aurore
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2008, 12:33 am

I can't stand Cold Case. The writing is poor and, yeah, they're all jerks.

Owendust wrote:
It's not just the characters on Cold Case that are jerks.

I work in special effects and about 2 years ago, I made a corpse for them. It was supposed to be an old man, who was murdered in a mine shaft, who's body was naturally mummified after a cave-in. I carefully packed it in a huge box and shipped it to them as a rental. When I got it back, the delivery guy handed me a small box that couldn't possibly hold a full-size human corpse.

When I opened the box, I just saw the loose bones of the plastic skeleton that I'd put together and used as a frame, along with the torn-off pieces of the latex skin that I'd worked hard to cover it with. Now keep in mind that this was just a rental and, as such, I was supposed to get it back in the same condition I'd shipped it out in.

Apparently, the prop master and the art director argued about what they wanted the corpse to look like and one of them ended up ripping off the latex skin, that I'd spent hours working on, and then just aged the bones. I was pissed, but my boss is a bit of an old hippy, so he just let it go.

8O Dude, that sucks!! ! All that tedious work...

HowlingMad1992
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Oct 2008, 1:49 pm

I think it's a good show

madderakka
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Oct 2008, 12:34 am

Most crime shows tend to have a jerk character. Maybe so the others will appear all the more loveable in comparison?> :wink: