Page 10 of 11 [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2008, 5:36 pm

Magnus wrote:
2unkenkerl wrote:

Quote:
Frankly, I haven't personally met any that couldn't talk. If I get stressed, I have TROUBLE, etc... but usually I talk FINE. Most people I have known with AS are the same way. Most autistic people I have met are the same way.

There are many autistics who don't talk. There are many autistics who only parrot words and mimic. Don't you find this unsettling or at least curious.
I cut out corn syrup last week, but it's in so many products, it's hard to avoid completely.

Shelby made an interesting observation about children with blue eyes that are autistic.

I think that my eyes creep people out too sometimes. One lady even mentioned it to me a while ago.

And, I don't think the Nazi doctors were mere quacks. It's more likely that the propaganda kept their secrets safe. It just doesn't make sense they would put so much time and effort selecting for eye and hair color for aesthetic reasons. They were top neurosurgeons and were selecting for specific genes that weren't just to make people look a certain way. I'll leave it at that though. I can't prove anything and nobody seems to care to know what they were really doing nor is the government allowing the research to be made public.

Well, I DID say PERSONALLY, and MOST! I am not DISPUTING their existence. I am merely saying that they aren't as prevalent as you claimed. Frankly, I think the new ads about HFCS have a lot of merit. As for eyes, not many REALLY look at mine, though they are most apparent in the daylight. Still, I don't know if they freak out anyone. One classmate, 3 optometrists, a family member or two, and one stranger DID remark about them though.

AngryReptileKeeper
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Oct 2008, 7:54 pm

I've got blue eyes. Kinda gray-blue. I've got ridiculously thick brown hair. I'm 5'5 and a bit on the stocky side. Naturally quite muscular, especially in the legs. I've been told that I look Eastern European. I'm of mostly German heritage, and I'm 1/32 Blackfoot Indian.

Zane
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Oct 2008, 4:10 pm

2ukenkerl wrote:
Zane wrote:
Replying is not even worth my time. Enjoy yourself and keep on believing what you want. It wont make a difference the worlds economy is now dying. Iceland went bankrupt yesterday.

And the US stockmarket showed some strength today. If not for some MORON sayng a half truth today, the market may have been UP $100+ points! It had a RALLY, and there are BUY signals!
And Iceland is still bankrupt ;)

(And funny how their government kindly bought out all three banks)

lisa81
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Oct 2008, 4:25 pm

I love men with blue eyes.

I met an aspie who has greenish / blue eyes :D

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2008, 4:45 pm

Zane wrote:
2ukenkerl wrote:
Zane wrote:
Replying is not even worth my time. Enjoy yourself and keep on believing what you want. It wont make a difference the worlds economy is now dying. Iceland went bankrupt yesterday.

And the US stockmarket showed some strength today. If not for some MORON sayng a half truth today, the market may have been UP $100+ points! It had a RALLY, and there are BUY signals!

YEAH, a lot of companies WILL suffer, just like in 2000 and 1987.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2008, 4:56 pm

No, mine are light brown.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Zane
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Oct 2008, 9:32 pm

2ukenkerl wrote:
Zane wrote:
2ukenkerl wrote:
Zane wrote:

Iceland is a country.

norwegianman1972
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Oct 2008, 6:12 am

Magnus wrote:
I read that most aspies have hazel or brown eyes. Are there any of you here with blue eyes? If so please describe yourself briefly.
I'm mostly interested in your ability to think logically without letting emotions cloud your vision of purpose.

Doesnt that have more to do with the country you come from? In Norway its almost a bit EXOTIC to have brown eyes...

And, yes, I have blue eyes.

norwegianman1972
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Oct 2008, 6:17 am

I forgot about my personality. My friends say that I always analyze things. And have a very rational approach. Still I can also be very emotional and react verbally agressive when I am pissed off.

waltr
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Oct 2008, 7:18 am

My eye color seems to be dependent on the environment I'm in. I've actually had people comment that each was a different color (one green, one blue) at the same time. Blue, green and gray are the most common. About the only shade I've never had reported is brown. I finally settled on declaring them hazel on forms like a driver's license after my mother's mother's second husband said they were hazel. Since nobody seems to know what color hazel is, it works for me. I've actually avoided researching the definition of hazel eyes, to avoid the conflict I'd have filling out forms if it were contrary to my assumption.

In elementary school, I had one teacher that would cycle between a number of different methods of releasing us to recess. Alphabetical, reverse alphabetical, randomly by eye color, ect. I always had to ask the person sitting next to me to what color my eyes were at the time so I would know when to leave (I'm sure the teacher had to think I was up to some thing when sometimes I left with the blue eyes and sometimes with the green eyes, but she never said anything to me.

I'm extremely rational, analytical and have very muted emotions. Friends and family frequently complain that I over analyze everything. Strangely, I can make decisions faster than just about anyone in a crisis, but will take forever to make a decision if time allows. I attribute my crisis handling to a number of things. Any crisis situation is very stressful, and indecision even more so. I can quickly assess a situation and research possible causes and solutions. I can quickly collect enough data to come up with a working plan to start moving forward. Since I come up with multiple cause/effect scenarios almost in parallel, I can come up with plan A and plan B almost immediately given sufficient data. Because of this, I can start working on a solution while everyone else is still trying to figure out what happened. Experience has taught me to avoid irreversable options until there is no choice. While executing plan A, plan C, D and so on form in my mind as new data is collected and I'll fork down alternate paths as I get more complete understanding of the problem develops.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 7:55 am

I tend to go with my conscience and my logic over my emotions.

My eyes are a strong blue. I'd post a photo if I wasn't so technologically illiterate.

Jael
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Oct 2008, 12:30 pm

Brown eyes here, but I'm African-American, so that's to be expected (your question really only makes sense for people of European ancestry). I am more logical than emotional (meltdowns excluded).

Sorenna
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 1:09 pm

Crystal blue eyes, here.

I tend to be both logical and conscientious and much to the confusion of those who say I should not have it, I have LOADS of empathy, an over load, really....too much.

lasirena
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Oct 2008, 2:19 am

Magnus of the crystal clear blue eyes, do you have the ability to think logically?

norwegianman1972
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Oct 2008, 4:10 am

lasirena wrote:
Magnus of the crystal clear blue eyes, do you have the ability to think logically?

I think that has more to do with where you come from. If you come from Norway or Sweden, there is a high likelyhood that you have blue eyes. I you come from Nigeria, the likelyhood is probably zero.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 5:13 am

Zane wrote:
2ukenkerl wrote:
Zane wrote:
2ukenkerl wrote:
Zane wrote:

Iceland is a country.

What does that have to do with anything? I was talking about BANKS in iceland. HECK, we spoke about moving to iceland, and I spoke about the language and population, so it is clear I knew it is a country. Besides, a company probably won't bail out the three largest banks in its country.